Mature skin facial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raya

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

One of my clients whom i have been giving luxury facials with steam for the past couple of years has got broken capilleries on her cheeks (not alot) she is approaching 70 but she now doesnt want her usual treatment of facial every 2 weeks as she thinks it may make them worse???

She loves her facials and i have explained to her the reasons how capilleries apear (age, elements, family history ect ect) i would like to put a facial together for her can anyone advise me on any ideas?

thinking maybe colloagen masks, on them lines?

any views on the capilleries and do you think this can be worsened by having such regular facials????

thankin youxx

Hi, you have to be careful with steam and broken capilleries as it can aggravate the situation.

For a mature facial, its about rehydration, lifting, firming and brightening and as you probably know just trying to give a rejuvenated look to the skin.

If you only offer manual facials not any electrical equipment, I would be looking for collegen, cryogenic, oxygen, Q10 masques and serums together with a good facial massage to stimulate circulation.

hth

Heather x

Extremes of heat (steam) can definately make broken capillaries worse especially if she has been coming in for the facials cold and then going out into the cold again.
There are many other causes.They are more prominant as the skin ages as it thins and can be seen more.They can be due to alcohol and eating certain foods that raise the blood pressure.

They can also be due to treating the skin harshly with scrubs,dermabrasion or too vigorous massage.I think with dermabrasion becoming much more popular now there will be many more people with broken capillaries at a younger age.

Of course gentle facials will still help her. Avoid abrasive scrubs and go for gentle enzyme or fruit acid peels that work by dissolving dead skin cells.Cut out the steam completely its not necessary for mature skin.Use warm flannels instead.

If they are really bothering her and she can afford it she can always have laser or electrolysis to remove them.

She may also want to get some expert advice on concealing them.Depending on how bad they are it may be worth her using camoflage makeup.

I'd avoid the steaming every 2 weeks!! Defiantly introduce some anti-ageing products, fruit enzyme peels are excellent for exfoliating the face without the abrasive scrub!
Elemis do a gorgeous Papaya enzyme peel & Clarins do a facial massage oil called Santal oil which is brilliant for reducing redness in the skin & strengthening capillary walls, preventing any more!!

Thank you ladies, Solid advice thank you and will take it all on boardxx

Latest posts

Back