Mature student part time course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockingpink

Reaction score
I have the urge to train as a hairdresser:) But I am only able to train part time evenings and weekends are there any courses that cater for this?

I have the urge to train as a hairdresser:) But I am only able to train part time evenings and weekends are there any courses that cater for this?

Hi, you could give your local college a ring and ask them :) x minky

They exist I just completed my 2 year nvq in july. I did 2 evenings a wek and had to do work experience in a salon. Its hard work having to fit it around work, family etc. But it is possible. I'm now a trainee in a salon so that goes to show you can do it! As minky says contact your local college. Good luck hun. X
Posted via Mobile Device

I am in exactly the same position as you Shockingpink and my local college does not offer anything..the nearest college (25 miles away) does have a course starting in September but all booked up and have a waiting list even for 2010..It's a very popular course..especially part time! Good luck with your search :)

I have the urge to train as a hairdresser:) But I am only able to train part time evenings and weekends are there any courses that cater for this?[/QUOTE
your best bet is to get applying around january, you may have left it too late for this years intake, i know hairdressing courses at colleges are allways in high demand so my advice would be get in early for next year...you could apply now and maybe get a place for september at short notice.
most colleges are still open now (not for courses) for you to speak to student services about enrollment etc...pop to your local one and find out.

I have the urge to train as a hairdresser:) But I am only able to train part time evenings and weekends are there any courses that cater for this?[/QUOTE
your best bet is to get applying around january, you may have left it too late for this years intake, i know hairdressing courses at colleges are allways in high demand so my advice would be get in early for next year...you could apply now and maybe get a place for september at short notice.
most colleges are still open now (not for courses) for you to speak to student services about enrollment etc...pop to your local one and find out.

I agree with the above, also a few colleges run courses that start in January if they have too many apply for September, so it's worth asking now, as even though you might not get on the September intake, you might get on the January one if they do it.

Latest posts

Back