Mavala???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Pink23

Reaction score
Has anyoner heard of Mavala, Im assuming yes as I went to a trade shop today-selling hair and beauty products and Mavala was the brand used for all nail care items.
Is it any good?

xx

Not sure if it is any good, as have never tried it myself, but I have heard a few people mentioning it. Here's the link to the UK site

Nail care - Mavala UK

Mavala are a professional brand. I wouldn't call them a premium brand, but some of their products are quite nice.

Mavala isn't a professional brand, it's one of those you buy in a supermarket.
Some of my clients use Mavala polishes at home (I've told them not to!:evil:) and come back with badly discoloured nails.

Mavala are considered (and sold as) a professional brand in the UK. I used to use their enamels, they're a very good product range. I still have some and they're just as good now as when I first bought them more than 4 years ago!!!!!!!!

I havent used the polished, but a few years ago i used the nail hardner and it was great.

Mavala are considered (and sold as) a professional brand in the UK. I used to use their enamels, they're a very good product range. I still have some and they're just as good now as when I first bought them more than 4 years ago!!!!!!!!

Maybe it's about how different brands hit different markets.. Mavala may be sold as a professional brand in the UK; in my country it's a supermarket brand. (And you guys don't consider -for example- China Glaze a professional brand because it's sold at Sallys; over here it's not very well known but highly respected).
Though it's still a fact I've personally seen far too many times that Mavala does discolour natural nails.

Im currently only training as a nail tech but have used Mavala personally, I think its a great. I've never had any discolouration on my own nails. It is a lower end pro brand (me thinks) but if its good I dont mind. They have some really nice colours too.

Maybe it's about how different brands hit different markets.. Mavala may be sold as a professional brand in the UK; in my country it's a supermarket brand. (And you guys don't consider -for example- China Glaze a professional brand because it's sold at Sallys; over here it's not very well known but highly respected).
Though it's still a fact I've personally seen far too many times that Mavala does discolour natural nails.

Mavala is a VERY old established company.

I only used the brand once and found the brushes so terrible to work with (definitely not pro quality) that I ditched it. Things may have changed since those days.

But one has to respect that this brand has been around for very many years. I do think there are other pro brands that are much superior however, and not necessarily more expensive either. Look around and see.

Some of my clients use Mavala polishes at home (I've told them not to!:evil:) and come back with badly discoloured nails.

Actually never had this issue at all...unless they don't use a good base.
But then that happens with a lot of brands, pro or otherwise, if anyone forgets or misses the base coat.

I do agree with Geeg on the brushes, however, fiddly and a little thin! The polish is OK, but applying it is not that easy to get a good professional finish

Mavala is a VERY old established company.

I only used the brand once and found the brushes so terrible to work with (definitely not pro quality) that I ditched it. Things may have changed since those days.

But one has to respect that this brand has been around for very many years. I do think there are other pro brands that are much superior however, and not necessarily more expensive either. Look around and see.
agree 100% on the brushes!

and did you see how small the bottle is? for like a high price! (at least here)

and it's openly sold here too, so, too pricey for the target market...
for the lacquers.

but the nail care products aren't that bad...

My hip replacements won't allow me to reach my toes so I have Pedicures done at other Salons. So far; Jessica, OPI, CND and Mavala - and Mavala has been the only one to chip. OK, could be base/top coat or application problem but interesting all the same .........

Latest posts

Back