Maximum amount of time you can apply lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissConfused

Reaction score
hello

i'm not really sure how to word the title and i'm *fingers crossed* hopeful that somebody will be able to understand what i mean :\ here goes...

my partner is being a doll letting me practise lash extensions on him and i was just wondering if there is a maximum amount i should be 'messing' with his eye lashes?

i'm not just talking about once a week or fornight i'm talking about me practising several times a week on his lashes, is that bad/can it cause damage/increase risks of anything? i always set up and apply as if i am doing a real client so everything is new and clean etc etc. and i always remove his lashes too at the end of the practise because sadly he isn't letting me talk him into going to work with his lashes on so that he can report back of how he found them :(

i hope somebody gets what i mean and can answer me. thank you.
x

Posted via Mobile Device

Hey Miss

I get what u mean. Well I think if u r taking all the right precautions no harm could be done. Not sure if the glue might cause anything but I strongly doubt it and if you remove them carefully and proparly I dont see anything wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

thank you for your reply! :D glad you got what i meant because i was worrying i just wasn't making sense haha.

yes i am doing all that i was taught and what was written in my manual. i was just worrying that i might be causing damage by applying and removing the lashes so much as of course the last thing i want to do is to loose my lovely model ;) haha forget about him having no lashes :p
thank you again for your help
x

Can't believe your partner is letting you do eyelashes on him...! ha ha. Why dont you do a special offer on them, to practise on clients, or practise on your family, just explain you are still learning, the more you do the better you will be :D I dont think it is good to keep re-applying & taking them off again.

yeah he lets me practise, the weird thing is he's a really me are man give me meat kind of man! none of this 'moisturising rubbish' for him haha. he's up for anything if it'll give him an easy moan free life (though i personally don't think i moan at all! i just like things done my way when i decide they need doing haha)

yes i remove them for him (which of course is good practise for me too) though i keep trying to talk him into keeping them on so that i can see for myself how they are doing, but he's having none of it sadly :(

i don't have many people to practise on as i've been a full time mum for the past 4years and going out and meeting new people/having friends has never been a priority and i tend to keep myself to myself and just focus on my family/home life - i guess that has something to do with why i am so desperate to do something for me which is why i am learning beauty treatments. so i don't have any body to really practise on apart from my partner that's why i was asking if it could cause damage to his own lashes and the last thing i want is to damage his lashes as then i'd get no practise :p hough i did message like every female on his facebook and ask if they wanted lashes as i'm practising and i have somebody to practise on on friday and 2 people on saturday and somebody the week after. i can apply the lash, that isn't hard it's just the getting a good amount of lashes in that's the problem. i can't wait till i do my wax training (including intimate waxing) to start asking his facebook friends, most of them he works with he keeps laughing and saying 'i can't believe your gonna message all my workfriends and ask them if they want there *insert f word here* waxing!' he knows i hate that word and likes to think he's funny!!! *eye roll* i was getting that desperate for people to practise on that i was thinking about taking out anewspaper advert,i actually asked on here a few days ago if i would need to have insurance to practise on people
x

lucky you, i remember having to bribe my friends to practice it was a nightmare as im a mum too. I remember practicing a brow tint on an ex once i nearly peed myself as i realised he now looked like he had 2 very large slugs on his head hahahah. he was not impressed.

Anyway...

You should be fine to practice on him and its very good practice for you, your very lucky to have a supportive partner,

as for insurance you can get student insurance.

Although its brill that your partner lets you practise on him, you really need to get lashes on people with different sorts of natural lashes. If you say roughly where you are I'm sure there would be geeks who would let you practise on them. When I was training I swapped lash extensions with a girl on the course but she doesn't live near me and it fizzled out. I would love to have mine done again. I'm sure someone on here would help you out. x

Other halfs are great play things aren't they?! Mine has been waxed, Manicured and Pedicured, Hopi Ear Candles and Spray Tanned...However he blames the chest waxing for making his hair on his head falling out due to the trauma?!!!!!!lol

Sorry I have no experience in eye lashes so no advice, not sure where you are based, but I live nr Southampton so if close to you then you can practise on me!

why dont you put something on netmums for your area, fab for meeting other mums and making new friends and also a great place to start, you can charge just a small amount to cover time and materials and they will come flocking, x

Although its brill that your partner lets you practise on him, you really need to get lashes on people with different sorts of natural lashes. If you say roughly where you are I'm sure there would be geeks who would let you practise on them. When I was training I swapped lash extensions with a girl on the course but she doesn't live near me and it fizzled out. I would love to have mine done again. I'm sure someone on here would help you out. x

yeah i know i def need people with different lashes, at the moment though i'm just happy to practise getting more lashes in and making sure they are straight because although i can put the lashes on the natural lash :D and that part isn't difficult they are by no means perfect whatsoever (and of course they wont be for a long time to come i'm sure)
x

Latest posts

Back