Maximum lengh nail tip......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat's Claws

Reaction score
What do you think / know what is the maximum natural nail tip lengh underneath a nail enhancement for it to still look good? :green: ;)

Kat's Claws said:
What do you think / know what is the maximum natural nail tip lengh underneath a nail enhancement for it to still look good? :green: ;)
Right love,
When I do enhancments i trim the natural nail back to the free edge and shape it in line with the free edge................. I do this to get either a nice snug fit for the tip or a nice snug fit for my sculpting form..........reduces curling too.....

With each maintenance or infill, i reduce the tip length and eventually they have a natural nail overlay.........

Some clients don't like their own nails showing and have a new set every 2 months or so.....

If the client has a nail that exeedes the free edge and they want strength, then I would just overlay the natural nail with a system either L&P, Gel or Fabric#....

Kat's Claws said:
The longest your free edge should be is equal to the length of your nail bed, ie. nail bed = 2cm; free edge = 2cm at the longest

Any longer and you are putting too much strain on the enhancement and you will be heading for disaster!

Most of my clients seem to prefer to have workable nails and so tend to favour short or medium.

*was this what you where asking?*:o

Adele

Perhaps I could enlighten a bit further :o

My nails are ski jumps.....if I cut them back right at the free edge or so when I put the enhancement on, until what lengh can my natural nail tips can grow before the upturning growth can become a problem and have to start from scratch?

I know that when you go for a refill the tech just cuts a bit the tip then refills. In my case (unless I'm really mistaken) the original tip is placed at an angle, as I cut the tip within consecutive fills the tip would no longer be curving downward, it would progressively redress itself I would imagine??? :confused:

My nails grow fairly fast, I'm trying to determine how long I can keep enhancements on before I have to start from scratch again? LOL ;)

Hi Kat,
I think you would be better going for sculptured nails, This way the nail can be built up to get rid of the up turn in your natural nails :)

Kat's Claws said:
Perhaps I could enlighten a bit further :o

My nails are ski jumps.....if I cut them back right at the free edge or so when I put the enhancement on, until what lengh can my natural nail tips can grow before the upturning growth can become a problem and have to start from scratch?

I know that when you go for a refill the tech just cuts a bit the tip then refills. In my case (unless I'm really mistaken) the original tip is placed at an angle, as I cut the tip within consecutive fills the tip would no longer be curving downward, it would progressively redress itself I would imagine??? :confused:

My nails grow fairly fast, I'm trying to determine how long I can keep enhancements on before I have to start from scratch again? LOL ;)
Thanks for that last bit of info, now it all makes more sense to me lol.........

Right ski jump nails.....they have to be replaced more often then nails on a normal nailbed .....every few months say 2+..........
Read Geegs reply to ski jump nails in on of your previous post.................
Just keep an eye on your growth rate and then replace them when neccessary...........

I wouldn't sculpt as it would make the enhancement look a bit to bulky for my liking, when you try to compensate for the up jump............

This piccie will show you why sculpting wouldn't be a good idea......

HTH

Attachments

• ski jump nail1.jpg
    ski jump nail1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,422
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back