Maxwell Meliá training?

Hi this is my first post so I hope I'm doing it righ!! I am looking to do a hair extension course and have found Maxwell melia, has anyone heard of them or done a training course?

I have asked if they are accredited but no reply and I asked ABT as that's the logo I have seen on their certificates on social media, but they confirmed they are NOT accredited through them.

If it's just a certificate you receive for training is it insurable? I don't want to pay out for their training if it's worthless.

I qualified as a hairdresser in 2005 but had my children shortly after so haven't done any hairdressing since apart from family. (I went to university to become a nurse). I have found Oakley Academy also who have confirmed they are accredited. TIA

Anyone?

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, not heard of them. The fact they’re using a logo that they’re apparently not entitled to use, would ring alarm bells for me.
I recommend you choose a very well known reputable brand because otherwise you might struggle to get anyone to insure you, especially as you’ve not been working as a hairdresser for many years.

No, not heard of them. The fact they’re using a logo that they’re apparently not entitled to use, would ring alarm bells for me.
I recommend you choose a very well known reputable brand because otherwise you might struggle to get anyone to insure you, especially as you’ve not been working as a hairdresser for many years.
Thank you. I was looking at KM training also but can't find their accreditation either? I have asked them but they just said they are accredited but didn't say who by. I have insurance with salon gold who only insure accredited training so I don't want to waste my money.

I’ve heard the same thing with this company! I emailed then and the first time they didn’t reply and second time they replied they were soo unprofessional and sounded like a bunch of cowboys. I don’t think there a training school just a one man band I think her names emily. This put me off before I new about them not being acredited by abt. I went with Oakley in the end and were brillant I’ve also heard great things about belle xx

I’ve heard the same thing with this company! I emailed then and the first time they didn’t reply and second time they replied they were soo unprofessional and sounded like a bunch of cowboys. I don’t think there a training school just a one man band I think her names emily. This put me off before I new about them not being acredited by abt. I went with Oakley in the end and were brillant I’ve also heard great things about belle xx
Hey, yes it's Emily who I've been talking to. I've asked twice if they are accredited but get ignored. I've cancelled the course but she is saying I can't have my deposit back so I am going to dispute with PayPal as using the ABT logo on the certificates is so dodgy! I have spoken to Oakley and they're who I am going to go with I think as I've heard nothing but good things about them. I wanted to do LA Weave but no dates which are convenient. Xx

That’s terrible! They should not be allowed to get away with this! People should be aware if they are not acredited because this will invalidate our insurances! Xx

That’s terrible! They should not be allowed to get away with this! People should be aware if they are not acredited because this will invalidate our insurances! Xx
People seem to obtain insurance though? I just don't want to risk it. It's a lot of money if the certificate is worthless x

I have received rude emails from her this morning so I have had to open a dispute with PayPal. ABT confirmed they don't accredit the course nor do they insure the students so their logo is being used illegally. If anyone else sees this avoid Maxwell Melia at all costs.

alanaabdn

I have received rude emails from her this morning so I have had to open a dispute with PayPal. ABT confirmed they don't accredit the course nor do they insure the students so their logo is being used illegally. If anyone else sees this avoid Maxwell Melia at all costs.
glad i seen this i'm pretty sure i seen that they were doing hair loss courses, which i was going to look into. thanks for posting about this

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tell her you’re going to report her to Trading Standards for misrepresentation, which is a criminal offence.

Sorry to drag this up I found them online and asked who they are accredited by and they keep replying We are Insured with ABT which surely isnt the same as Accredited. I keep saying So you’re not accredited? ‍♀️

She keeps saying they are insured by ABT so their students can get their insurance via ABT. Whole thing looks off as their certificates say ABT

She keeps saying they are insured by ABT so their students can get their insurance via ABT. Whole thing looks off as their certificates say ABT
Hey no their students can't get insured by ABT and they told me she is using their logo illegally and it shouldn't be on the certificate because it isn't accredited. PayPal refunded my deposit thankfully

Their ‘graduates’ must be uninsured! I said So you’re not actually accredited then hun and she didnt reply. Glad you got refunded. Whys she not been shut down yet. Do ABT know about her using their logo

I dont know how to add a picture, i took a screen shot of their reply!

No. You do not need accreditation to be fully qualified, insured and to get all trade discounts x

Accreditation is only if you want to be added to their website for marketing purposes. We don't need any extra marketing because we get most of our graduates through word of mouth x

Their ‘graduates’ must be uninsured! I said So you’re not actually accredited then hun and she didnt reply. Glad you got refunded. Whys she not been shut down yet. Do ABT know about her using their logo
Yeah because I told them and they said it is being used illegally. You don't need to have accredited training to gain insurance but you're very limited to what companies will insure you, she gives the impression it is fully accredited though so whether her graduates know this or not who knows, but she doesn't seem to care.

Its so misleading! Because no way would ABT insure you if the course is not ABT accredited! And to say you dont need accreditation to be insured should be followed up with *but you’ll struggle to be insured by the main insurers! So many people have paid more for her training than say Belle Academy courses aswell which atleast it’s accredited

Its so misleading! Because no way would ABT insure you if the course is not ABT accredited! And to say you dont need accreditation to be insured should be followed up with *but you’ll struggle to be insured by the main insurers! So many people have paid more for her training than say Belle Academy courses aswell which atleast it’s accredited
Yeah I nearly made that mistake it's only because I asked ABT to be shocked when they said no, then when I asked the company I got ignored. I presumed it was accredited because of the logo on the certificate! Learnt my lesson there & my insurance company said my training needs to be accredited so I went with Oakley in the end and can't fault them.

Yeah im planning to go with Oakley too. What course did you do?