Md formulations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n33li

Reaction score
Hi I am interested in getting md in my salon. If somebody can tell me there uk supplier name. Many thanks

Hey

To get md you need to have 3 treatment rooms to start, go through bare essentials (bare minerals make up company) it is all under the sane company.
The opening order is £2100

Is it more medical skin care your trying to go down? I used md for 2 1/2 years and was in love with it but found the reps very difficult when I set up my own salon, I use Priori which is made by the same scientists who made md, md hasn't changed in 25 years because they wouldn't renew the patent for the scientists so they went off and made they own better brand which is now Priori, I have info on my website which is www.mimosabeautyroim.com or if you type in cosmeceuticals into google they come up, cosmeceuticals is their uk company my rep Katy is fantastic!!! Hope that helps hun xxx

3 treatment rooms? Really?!
I know a number of stockists with just 1 room!

Agreeance though about Priori!
Excellent brand, amazing products!

Thanks for your reply I used md 10 years ago n I use to love it. What would u recommend priori or md. Will it b worth contacting both n seeing a rep then decide. One thing md is much more well known then priori.

Priori has 3 sub main brands:
Coffeeberry
Aha
Idebenone

You can use which one you like to suit your business, though they will likely try to get you to take on all 3

They also have their new Vitage range which gives great results too.

Md is fab and gives great results, however there is debate to wether glycolic causes too much irritation in the deeper levels as the molecules are so small the pass the langerhan cells too quickly and potentially cause irritation this way, however I've never known anyone to say md results are rubbish!

I feel personally that Priori is a bit more contemporary and cutting edge in its formulations than md.

You need to experience treatments from both and see the results as part of your decision!

as someone who loved md i do understand where you are coming from but i now use priori and love it! i must admit it did take alot to persuade me but i went on training before i took on the brand it was £100 which was then credited onto my account when i took on the brand. for 3 days intense ADVANCED skin care £100 isnt bad if you then decide you dont like it! i only have coffeeberry and aha in my salon, basicaly they have combined all of the md products into 1 of each, only 1 cleanser, 2 correcters 1 for oily (gel also used as a "spot on treatment" 1 for everyone (cream) 1 moisturser which because it is water based in sutiable for all skin types! even acne! as an oily skin still need to be hydrated, and 1 spf which doesnt need to be patted on and applys like a moistser.

it contains lactic and glycolc but the main ting in it is lactic beause it is actually smaller that gycolic (which md dont tell you) the peel is only on for 3 min and doesnt ever increase as it is so strong, it is stronger than the alpha peel in md.

lol sorry i am preaching as a converted. i was given tragets by md to do 3-4 facials a DAY!!! which as a brand new, no client buisness was completly unachivable! also they said i had to buy £7000 to get recognition on the website within a year. they didnt like the fact that i only have 1 room and i found the lady i delt with who was covering materinity in not simple terms a bitch!!! as someone who knew the prodcuts inside out and going from a salon where i was sellin over £600 of the stuff a month they should have had a tiny bit more respect!!

rant over :) xx hope that helps!!

also not many people have heard of md too!

I think I am off to receive some facials. Now I like the priori more I think I ll see priori rep as I know alot about md.
Thank you I am new to sg and it is great to b able to ask opinions of other experts.
How well do they go with other brands I have Dermalogica in the salon.

i would say that its is it own thing, you can combine teh dermologica masks into teh treatment but its what peopel want, RESULTS (cosmecutical product) nice smells that sit in the and dont really do anything (cosmetic) im not a fan of dermalogica but i do know alot about it as i trained with it, i am allergic to it so i am slightly biast. there are 2 types of clients, 1 that is concerned with there skin, 2 that care a bit but havent been educted. i have monu in my salon as a basic aromatherpy range but i only have 1 client that uses it.

people can still use the dermalogic cleaners and moistureser and spritz and just use the correctors then ween them off onto a medical based product i.e priori :)

Been thinking about this abit and if you are an md girl you won't like that Priori don't have a massage serum but voyage do have one you just have it add in the lavender yourself

Latest posts

Back