Meeting boyfriend's parents?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.K

Reaction score
I will be meeting my boyfriends parents for the first time. We’re meeting for lunch, do I take a gift? If so, what?

Ask your boyfriend what he thinks? If it were my son, I wouldn't expect anything, it would just be nice to meet you. But if you wanted to take something, maybe a box of chocolates? A scented candle? Whatever you decide, best of luck. x

Will they be entertaining? If they are then I'd say yes. If not and you're going out for lunch then it's not necessary.

Perhaps take a modest bunch of flowers for his mum - especially if you think they might pick up the bill for lunch :)

I will be meeting my boyfriends parents for the first time. We’re meeting for lunch, do I take a gift? If so, what?

I always used to take their favourite bottle of wine if I was going to their house. Find out what it is, or at least if they prefer red or white. No gift bag, just casual, hi nice to meet you and hand it to them. Simple gesture, considerate without trying too hard.

A bottle of wine or some flowers, just like you would when you’re invited to friends and family :)
Good luck [emoji1374]

Update: I didn’t take anything and they weren’t expecting me to!

Latest posts

Back