Mega Geek Meet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
hi all - i was chatting to lily tonight and we came up with the idea that we should have a MEGA GEEK MEET, this has to be central to the UK tho to make things fair for all. there are 3 of us that i know of that live in the northeast, but dont know where everyone else is - so we need suggestions for a MEET PLACE etc,

come on girls you know you want to

i'm up for it...i live in Hertfordshire. I would have thought somewhere central...geography isn't my best subject though!

Hahahaha!

Central in my head is Manchester or Birmingham! I'm really not that good at Geography either! :biggrin:

Hiya all,

I would say both manchester or birmingham are pretty central, but any more ideas would be great

Amanda

still too far away for me....lol London any good?

Hi...
I think London too guys...everyone can get to London easy peasy...lol

yes i agree london might be easier xx

Birmingham or Manchester is defo most central - why not Gemex in October - kills to birds one stone!!

Good suggestion meeting at the GMEX, London too far for me.

Beautiful Cuticle x

Hi Peeps, definately up for a meeting but from Essex, last time i went to Birmingham it was a nightmare lol! but post the location etc and will see if i can make it, would be good to meet everyone x

Fab Freak said:
Birmingham or Manchester is defo most central - why not Gemex in October - kills to birds one stone!!
good idea

so how are we gonna recognise everyone - shall we all carry a red rose :rolleyes: :lol: im thinking we should all stay overnight somewhere, that way we can go out on the town. thoughts on this one

Peter Pan said:
good idea

so how are we gonna recognise everyone - shall we all carry a red rose :rolleyes: :lol: im thinking we should all stay overnight somewhere, that way we can go out on the town. thoughts on this one
thats not a bad idea, the village is a top night out or the new dry dock area...

the best hotel for the G-Mex is the Jury Inn it's opposite...otherwise there is the Midland (v v expensive for Posh Geeks lol) , or even posher the Malmaison or even posher than that the fab Lowry (where Robbie Williams stays when hes in town)

Further down the road on Deansgate there is a cheap and cheerfull and there is the a Premier Lodge near Deangate

I think this is a great idea. I too am from Essex so obviously London would be better for me too. If I can be there, I will. Another thought is perhaps getting together one night for a bite to eat/drinkies when the Excel show is on.

I'm definetly up for it! (London would be good for me) ... But could maybe make manchester at a push.
The idea sounds great!!

Sam X

Fab Freak said:
Further down the road on Deansgate there is a cheap and cheerfull and there is the a Premier Lodge near Deangate
cheap and cheerful sounds good to me. what day is everyone going to g-mex? i usually go on a sunday, so if everyone else does, thats even better, we could meet up on the saturday - go out on the town - then go to show on sunday - how does that sound?

Peter Pan said:
cheap and cheerful sounds good to me. what day is everyone going to g-mex? i usually go on a sunday, so if everyone else does, thats even better, we could meet up on the saturday - go out on the town - then go to show on sunday - how does that sound?
aw im liking the sound of that! x

Fab Freak said:
Further down the road on Deansgate there is a cheap and cheerfull
any ideas on how much per night this is please.

Hi Peeps, can i just clarify that this is taking place on the 9th October the saturday nite then at Gmex, Manchester onto the exhibition on the 10th?

Kellyc said:
Hi Peeps, can i just clarify that this is taking place on the 9th October the saturday nite then at Gmex, Manchester onto the exhibition on the 10th?
hiya

we will need or organise the B & B for ourselves, then we could meet up about 1pm to get to know each other, go on the town. then go to g-mex on the sunday

Yeah that sounds good to me, will try and get the best price for somehwere to stay etc x

Latest posts

Back