Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi does this come via royal mail? I ordered mine yesterday cant wait to try it out after hearing all the fab reviews!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi does this come via royal mail? I ordered mine yesterday cant wait to try it out after hearing all the fab reviews!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Linda,

Yes mine came by Royal Mail a couple of days after :)

Brill than you Jodie x

This question may have been answered but the thread was too long to try find out!
How do I use it to add strength to my gel polish system? Do I add after my base but before colour or after colour and before top coat ? So I need to cap the free edge? I used it after base and made no difference!! I have you little pot version.

I use mega mix all the time. Mainly to mix with glitter for a final finish over polish or help adhere rhinestones etc. Saves money compared to mixing with top coat. The texture is so smooth and silky too it just glides. I mixed with polish today and applied over hard gel . I struggle to get the same depth if colour compared to just using polish on its own but that's me just needing to practice ratios .

Thanks x

This question may have been answered but the thread was too long to try find out!
How do I use it to add strength to my gel polish system? Do I add after my base but before colour or after colour and before top coat ? So I need to cap the free edge? I used it after base and made no difference!! I have you little pot version.

I use mega mix all the time. Mainly to mix with glitter for a final finish over polish or help adhere rhinestones etc. Saves money compared to mixing with top coat. The texture is so smooth and silky too it just glides. I mixed with polish today and applied over hard gel . I struggle to get the same depth if colour compared to just using polish on its own but that's me just needing to practice ratios .

Thanks x

Hi,

I have been using it in place of Brisa Lite for added strength. I use the amazin base, mm gel, then normal gel polish colour and top coat etc. have you tried it with the Amazin Base that goes with it. The 2 of them together are definitely stronger on me than the Brisa Lite system I've found.

No I don't have the base just the mixing gel. Thanks for letting me know xx

Gelish base, Megamix with gold glitter then Gelish Trends gold with chunky bits, then Gelish TIO.

Attachments

• 1903986_10152036943817393_8948460799495489573_n.jpg
    1903986_10152036943817393_8948460799495489573_n.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 274
Hi everyone i'm having some new price lists made and wanting to add megamix to it, how have you worded it in your price list and how much do you all charge? thanks :) x

I haven't added it separately just offered it as an option

Hi everyone i'm having some new price lists made and wanting to add megamix to it, how have you worded it in your price list and how much do you all charge? thanks :) x

I also just offer it as an extra. As they should be able to get just as long out of the service and it takes me very little time to mix up and then clean a dapper dish. I charge the same as my gel polish prices which are a reasonable cost anyway. Hope that helps x

The reason I asked is because I don't do gel polish so im not sure what a reasonable price is to charge x

The reason I asked is because I don't do gel polish so im not sure what a reasonable price is to charge x

Have a look in your local area to see what gel polish prices are. It may be that you want to set it slightly cheaper as it's not a 'known' brand such as shellac or gelish and so you will have to advertise it as a gel polish or perhaps an innovative new product that can turn any polish into gel.

As you don't do gel I'm guessing you have a very enviable polish collection. If you set the price point right then you could easily up sell to gel :)

Hope that helps a little x

As the title says really, anyone know if you can use your own gel base & top coat with megamix colour?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it can be. I use it with my opi base and top, for ease of removal :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397129340.069687.jpg i mixed 2 polishes to get my desired and added a layer of sizzling sand additive :)

Mega Mix Gel mixed with Illamasque Speckled Polish also the yellow is Vinyluz Sun Bleached mixed with fine black glitter and a few dots added.

Models own also do this polish.

Does anyone know if Mega Mix have a Facebook page would be great to put pics of all our mixes on to share :)

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

HI Martin John Bambrough here the guy behind MEGAMIX, lots of questions so i will try and answer them as best I can. The article in Scratch is a great reference point so if you get chance please do read it, if your not subscribed the article is posted on the MEGA MIX facebook page or on the website.

I only had 1000 words so limited as to what I could say with so much to tell you all.

How do you mix it with nail polish and what's the longetivity like? I vaguely remember you could mix maniQ (young nails) with polish but nobody much bothered coz it was a faff.

How long does it last is a question a few people have asked, It wears the same if not better than most gel polish, a lot of that is due to preparation and application, but if your client usually gets 2 weeks form her gelish or shellac then she will get 2 weeks from MEGAMIX if she can go three weeks then this will stand up to that too , the base adheres well to the nail and the product is felxible and durable.
How long does it last when mixed? it's best to mix just what you need and mix and use as you go along.

maniQ did have a similar system and it didnt really catch on but that was before gel polish is what it is today.

It is a faff ( more than out the bottle colour) but nails it's self is, and can be a faff if your doing nail art or custom colour or wraps, the more you do it the better you become and when its second nature it becomes less of a faf.

I would not never ever use another gel polish if i see a colour I like from opi or gelish or whoever i would use that but with all the gel polish on the market today there is always a colour you want that is not a gel ( here is the solution)

I have a bottle of Morgan Taylor polish in the most fab red/burnt orange colour and I wish it was gel

exactly now it can be,

custom colour is soooooooooo sooooooo sooooooo now not everyone wants off the shelf run of the mill this enable you to get creative and colour coture

use your gel polish but then mix up a megamix shimer glitter or irridecence

So if you made up a batch of megamix with some polish I'm and kept it in an opaque container how long would it keep for before going off (if gel does go off) gel does have a shelf life ( best before) but it's relatively inactive so does last a long time, however polish exposed tends to dry up and go gluey so best just to mix as you go,
glitter tends to be okay just depends if it is colour stable or not and that depends on brand and quality

To be totally honest It just sounds like a faff to me.
I just think if you have to mix it up, what if you mix up too much = wasteage
Or if you don't mix up enough you have to do it over again.
I don't think I'd have the time to mess around with it all.
It's just easier to paint a colour from a bottle in my opinion.
x
its not hard to mix and the more you do it the better you get at judging you only need a bit, like i said above it's about customizing your service and creating colours that are not available as a gel polish think of all the polish just sat on the shelf , this product brings them back to life.

It's a good idea in itself but there are flaws...
It takes longer mixing the polish with the gel, when you mid it your bound to have wastage, if you used the brush from the bottle you would have to keep cleaning it to get rid of the colour, does adding polish hinder longevity?

give it a go the proof of the pudding is in the eating,
it takes seconds to mix ( your not making a cake) and the wastage is minimal just dont mix the whole bottle, you need about the size of a pea to do a full set.
its better to use a regular gel brush ( i just used the bottle brush to demo so you get the idea ) and polish does affect the gel but the gel was designed with that in mind. you create a reaction when you mix any two things together. but the system is designed as a whole to work provided you follow the steps.

Even if you didn't like the idea of mixing it, the gel (clear) on it's own is a really nice gel its durable and flexible and can be put over a sports length tip, or as a natural clear overlay for strength, and a super price even if you only mix it with glitter it's worth it just for that !

Ok so I'm a newb so forgive me but I just wanted to ask..I've seen a video tutorial one time of someone using a clear base gel and then slowly doing thin layers of separate nail polish and then eventually topping off with the top coat. This was done with one of those diy gel kits they sell. Is this method similar to what you are saying you can do with Megamix with the ability to use your regular nail polish...or is this just a backyard Barbie trick?

rather than layering the gel and polish, you mix the megamix ( a glear gel polish) with regular nail polish, and then apply it like a gel polish, base coat, megamixture ( build it up in layers curing between coats) and then top coat sandwiching and sealing it all in.

well I hope i covered all your questions and I will pop back to see if there are anymore
alternatively check out the faq's @

take care
Martin John

Martin I am loving Mega Mix do you have a Facebook page we could upload our photos to for all the different combinations would be great to see what everyone is doing :)

These are my Speckled Easter Egg nails

IMG_0905.jpg

Latest posts

Back