Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Electric Blue

Last edited:
Why can't I post this picture

Why can't I post this picture

I had to delete app and re-install xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hope this now works

Attachments

• 1397385646526.jpg
    1397385646526.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 421
I had to delete app and re-install xxx

Thanks, that's what I needed to do.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397410263.002792.jpg
MM and a polish from George in Asda!! With a Pinch of Pepper from the Gelish trends collection over :)

These are mine, A bluey/purple UV gel & silver holo fine glitter mixed with megamix

Attachments

• 1397427439019.jpg
    1397427439019.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 352
Was just wondering if anyone had tried it with opi the man with the golden gun or rococo gold leaf lacquer? I am desperate for a gel version of these but have not yet bought the polish as for some reason I'm sceptical whether megamix would work with this type of polish! Have a feeling the gold leaf might just end up scrunched up!

Hi everyone, I recently brought Megamix and tried it on my nails yesterday with an OPI polish mod about you I noticed the colour wasn't as bright as it normally is. I've took a picture and the left is the regular polish and right is the Megamix, do you think I've just not mixed enough polish in with the gel or something else? Any help will be great as I really want to carry on using this xxImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397582820.336411.jpg

Hi everyone, I recently brought Megamix and tried it on my nails yesterday with an OPI polish mod about you I noticed the colour wasn't as bright as it normally is. I've took a picture and the left is the regular polish and right is the Megamix, do you think I've just not mixed enough polish in with the gel or something else? Any help will be great as I really want to carry on using this xxView attachment 62129

Sometimes it needs an extra very thin coat.

What ratio did you use ? You can mix up to 80% polish in with the megamix and it still be cured as a gel so maybe play around with your ratios slightly.

Hope that helps x

I've found that when mixing with polish 50/50 I've needed around 4 coats I'll try a higher ratio too thanks x

Sometimes it needs an extra very thin coat.

What ratio did you use ? You can mix up to 80% polish in with the megamix and it still be cured as a gel so maybe play around with your ratios slightly.

Hope that helps x

I was using 50/50 ratio so maybe I'll try with more polish as I done 3 thin coats already on the gel and only 1 for the picture with normal polish and so much more bright so I think it might be what you said about the ratio
Thanks so much for your help :) xx

I was using 50/50 ratio so maybe I'll try with more polish as I done 3 thin coats already on the gel and only 1 for the picture with normal polish and so much more bright so I think it might be what you said about the ratio
Thanks so much for your help :) xx

On the last coat you can even use upto 90-95% polish! So you could do 1st coat 50/50 then add more polish on next coat and more polish on final ;) xxx

What brushes are you all using to apply megamix? I bought some of the empty bottles from Martin which are good but I didn't feel the brush was as soft as my Gelish ones.

I know the ideal is to use an old Gelish bottle but I'm way off finishing any of them anytime soon and I want to start using megamix on my clients.

Have any of you bought a good brush from somewhere? Thanks x

Hi everyone, I recently brought Megamix and tried it on my nails yesterday with an OPI polish mod about you I noticed the colour wasn't as bright as it normally is. I've took a picture and the left is the regular polish and right is the Megamix, do you think I've just not mixed enough polish in with the gel or something else? Any help will be great as I really want to carry on using this xxView attachment 62129

I'm afraid pink and lilac gels do have a habit of fading and Megamix isn't immune to this. I tried it with Ciate Poppet (a v. pinky lilac) and it faded before my very eyes to a grey colour. I had hoped to be able to wear this as a gel polish - but alas no!

Just ordered mine!!! So excited! I was refusing to transfer over to gel polish just because I love my polishes range but now I can use them I'm bouncing around like a toddler lol!!! Can't wait!

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

I'm using my bio sculpture brush , perfect x

Can you use Megamix with Vinylux?

Latest posts

Back