Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glittery toes
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398614913.658326.jpg

Hmmm that's not good. Did you wipe with D-sperse? I think I read that you need to dilute it with water to keep the mm topcoat shiny.

Anyone else got any opinions on the MM topcoat please?

Thanks

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398641765.001589.jpg

I did this set with the megamix top coat. I wiped with 99% IPA and I think they look lovely and shiny have yet to compare side by side. I may do one finger with one and then the other next to it. See how they look!

Xx

View attachment 63490

I did this set with the megamix top coat. I wiped with 99% IPA and I think they look lovely and shiny have yet to compare side by side. I may do one finger with one and then the other next to it. See how they look!

Xx

I love these they look fab x

Just placed my first order for Megamix! Excited is an understatement!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not received mine yet :( dying to get it and start trying out some ideas

My Megamix arrived this morning! But I've got clients till 8pm tonight so might have to wait till tomorrow before I get chance to have a play :-(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

My Megamix manicure after almost a week! Have to admit iv been completely converted to gel polish and natural nails!! I'm actually getting growth and using my cuticle oil everyday!! For a hairdresser and nail technician who was addicted to acrylics and was a bit of a picker I am super happy!!ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398962123.376463.jpg

Emma-Louise

What brushes do you all use to apply your mix? I find the flat nylon gel brushes not great to apply colour with as I get a sort of thin transparent area if that makes sense. I've not got megamix already I mean if I make a custom gel colour with gels I already have. But I prefer how a proper polish brush holds the mix for an even coverage...is it ok to use the brush in the bottle & clean with cleanser?

Please visit my Facebook page www.facebook.com/bdnailshull I will return all likes & reviews :D x

What brushes do you all use to apply your mix? I find the flat nylon gel brushes not great to apply colour with as I get a sort of thin transparent area if that makes sense. I've not got megamix already I mean if I make a custom gel colour with gels I already have. But I prefer how a proper polish brush holds the mix for an even coverage...is it ok to use the brush in the bottle & clean with cleanser?

Please visit my Facebook page www.facebook.com/bdnailshull I will return all likes & reviews :D x

I am also trying to find to find out the best brush to use aswell. I was wondering if I could use the polish brush e.g when I use OPI polish and megamix use the OPI brush then clean it after or would this not work as desperately trying to find a good brush as I love mega mix! Got such good results from it! X

Edit*** Sorry I've been really dumb there and just re-read it and realised said the exact same thing as you sorry my bad lol 😂 xx

I am also trying to find to find out the best brush to use aswell. I was wondering if I could use the polish brush e.g when I use OPI polish and megamix use the OPI brush then clean it after or would this not work as desperately trying to find a good brush as I love mega mix! Got such good results from it! X

Edit*** Sorry I've been really dumb there and just re-read it and realised said the exact same thing as you sorry my bad lol �� xx

I didn't think of using the brush in the colour polish bottle! That's a good idea as I didn't want to get any colour in the megamix one..but then I'm wondering what to do when adding pigments/glitters.
������ I might use a couple of old polish bottles and empty them out and clean them up for the brushes!

Oh and don't worry it's not dumb! I put a lot of things on here then re-read and think ohhhhh why did I ask that lol �� xx

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go to the Megamix shop - Martin is selling empty polish bottles with the brush, which are great for applying Megamix :D

If you go to the Megamix shop - Martin is selling empty polish bottles with the brush, which are great for applying Megamix :D

Yes! Thank you!! :)

I have a master technicians rush set by asp. And I use the brush that is meant to be for gel enhancements! It goes on lovely with it! And then I have two gel art brushes I use for pigments and glitters

Emma-Louise

I have a master technicians rush set by asp. And I use the brush that is meant to be for gel enhancements! It goes on lovely with it! And then I have two gel art brushes I use for pigments and glitters

Emma-Louise
I'll look into that thank you :) I've purchased 3 empty bottles so I'll see how I get on with them to start with but I'll keep the asp brushes in mind! X

Great thread, can't wait to place my order.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back