Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 64391

Irresistible Snakebite neon pigment mixed with MegaMix, and a Shellac chevron accent nail :) xx

These are great. The colour is very consistent on the snakebite nails. Do you mix up enough for a whole hand or are you just very consistent with your mix ratios :D

These are great. The colour is very consistent on the snakebite nails. Do you mix up enough for a whole hand or are you just very consistent with your mix ratios :D

Yes - I've worked out it's about 4 blobs (technical term!) from the pot, then a couple of tiny scoops from the pigment - this is enough for 2 hands, 3 thin layers on each nail xx

Do you have a pic of the lilac? Also can only see primary colour pigments so how did you mix the lilac? Thanks

Just taken a picture of some of my successful experiments with pastels made with the Sam Biddle pigments - forgive the v cheep old French tips (only use them for testing)

The lilac is equal parts red and blue with a lot of white - kept adding 'til I got shade I wanted. It did change colour slightly when mixed with MegaMix but I think it is still a nice lilac. I've left it on windowsill for about a week now so don't think it will fade! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399552666.467268.jpg

Yes - I've worked out it's about 4 blobs (technical term!) from the pot, then a couple of tiny scoops from the pigment - this is enough for 2 hands, 3 thin layers on each nail xx

Excellent, thanks for the tip.

Hi all,
Sorry if these questions have already been answered but so many pages!

Can megamix be cured with Bio sculptures UV lamp and their new LED lamp?

What are the curing times for each layer? Would it be 2min in the UV lamp and 30sec in bio's LED lamp?

I'm planning on trying it with bio sculpture's own nail polishes- has anyone tried it with bio's polishes and does it work?

Are there any nail polish colours mixed with megamix to avoid?

Thanks in advance for any replies ;-)

Ordered megamix yesterday. Really looking forward to it arriving and trying it with my neon pigments......:) inspired by the realmrsgrey

Hi I got my mega mix today, the base coat doesn't look like the mega mix or the amaze glaze it looks almost milky in colour and it's really really thick compared to the mega mix and amaze glaze, had anyone else had this as I don't want to use it until I find out if that's normal?

Hi I got my mega mix today, the base coat doesn't look like the mega mix or the amaze glaze it looks almost milky in colour and it's really really thick compared to the mega mix and amaze glaze, had anyone else had this as I don't want to use it until I find out if that's normal?

Mines like that and it's absolutely normal. I've been using mm basecoat and gel under shellac on me instead of Brisa lite and it lasts so much better!

Mines like that and it's absolutely normal. I've been using mm basecoat and gel under shellac on me instead of Brisa lite and it lasts so much better!

Thanks I'll give it a try. I've got a lady in today trying at the full system looking forward to it :) xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399637610.448712.jpg

Megamix with Orly 'Cotton Candy', I love it!

Sorry, me again. When you use neon powders, do you still put a coat of Creme Puff under it, or is it not necessary when mixed with MM?

wow, just finished reading the whole thread! It's sounds like an amazing product!
My only concern is the removal times. For all of you who have been using MM for a while, how easy or not do you find the removal? How long would you say it takes?

Also, do all of you do more then 2 coats of colour to achieve nice coverage? I am wandering if nice coverage can be achieved with 2 layers of colour?

So excited my mega mix has arrived...need to find time to try it. :)

Here's my first attempt, only did this quick to see how I got on with it. Excuse the middle finger, it splits all the time so have to keep it short.

So far impressed with service and product. Just going to see how long it lasts on me and how quickly it removes.OPIletmeentertainu.jpg

Do you ladies think it would be nice to have a mega mix group ? Would be nice to see everyone's creations

Do you ladies think it would be nice to have a mega mix group ? Would be nice to see everyone's creations

Yes please!!! I mainly use Megamix so it would be good for me! :D
I find it removes really easily!

Emma-Louise

Ive just seen in Scratch mag this new gel polish. Does anyone know any info on it? Says that you have a base and a top coat but the in between 'colour coat' is clear for you to mix yourself with eyeshadows, acrylic powders, traditional nail polish etc. Im curious!

Yeah this stuff looks ace! Cant wait to try it, my clients have been longing for something like this as they often wish that their own favourite polishes last longer.

A custom mix of mica powders stamped with pueen 26 and Konad white to match a dress for a wedding
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399746175.909906.jpg

Latest posts

Back