Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have just removed my first megamix trial from my own nails today - after almost 2 weeks and purely because I wanted a color change! It was still perfect, just brilliant!

Removal was easy, 10 minutes in wraps and it literally just slid off!

My own natural nails are not great at the moment as I was a long time acrylic wearer & am now trying to grow them out!
As a result I have been lucky to get a week out of my CND shellac so I am MEGA impressed with Megamix!

I know this was designed to be used alongside your existing system but I am seriously considering phasing out the shellac & only offering bespoke gel polish with Megamix!

Works an absolute treat with my Vinylux, I'm just doing a married to mauve & irisistable glitter mix for myself, and have my first 3 Megamix clients booked in this week! :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Have just removed my first megamix trial from my own nails today - after almost 2 weeks and purely because I wanted a color change! It was still perfect, just brilliant!

My own natural nails are not great at the moment as I was a long time acrylic wearer & am now trying to grow them out!
As a result I have been lucky to get a week out of my CND shellac so I am MEGA impressed with Megamix!

I know this was designed to be used alongside your existing system but I am seriously considering phasing out the shellac & only offering bespoke gel polish with Megamix!

Works an absolute treat with my Vinylux, am about to do a married to mauve & irisistable glitter mix for myself, and have my first 3 Megamix clients booked in this week! :)

Don't forget to post a picture, I'd love to see what it looks like.

I did warn you my nails are a mess - but this is Megamix using Vinylux married to mauve & golden white glitter!

And no I'm not super fast, I wrote my last post whilst curing!

Attachments

• 1399813807392.jpg
    1399813807392.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 289

Works an absolute treat with my Vinylux, I'm just doing a married to mauve & irisistable glitter mix for myself, and have my first 3 Megamix clients booked in this week! :)

How many drops of each do you use to create a whole set with 2 coats please? I love mm but ive only used it on statement nails so far X

Yeah this stuff looks ace! Cant wait to try it, my clients have been longing for something like this as they often wish that their own favourite polishes last longer.

Would you be getting them to bring their polishes in then? If so how much would you charge if you mixed it up with their own polish? Also would you not worry that they would try and do it themselves after seeing how you mix it? x

I use a color pop to scoop one blob of mm (I have the tub not bottle) and used about 6 drops of Vinylux. This was plenty of 3 thin coats and a little spare so need a smaller "blob". Not very technical I'm afraid but I don't have a better method yet!
You really don't need very much!

I use a color pop to scoop one blob of mm (I have the tub not bottle) and used about 6 drops of Vinylux. This was plenty of 3 thin coats and a little spare so need a smaller "blob". Not very technical I'm afraid but I don't have a better method yet!
You really don't need very much!

Thanks hun x

Lovely ladies can someone help me please......I was very excited when my mm arrived yesterday, anyway I sat down last night to do mm with silver holographic glitter and it just wasn't going how I imagined...my mm is really really thick...I shook it and shook it and shook it stired it and I really had trouble getting it off the brush onto a palette so much so that when I did I felt like I was using half the bottle....have I got a dodgy bottle or am I doing something wrong....I appreciate it's going to be a bit thick being a gel but all the tutorials I've watched it looks like it blobs off the brush....

Just done my first Mega Mix on myself using Opi AmazOn AmazOff . Love it. X

Sent from my GT-I9070 using SalonGeek mobile app

Do you ladies think it would be nice to have a mega mix group ? Would be nice to see everyone's creations

Ooh yes please! I love using Megamix, I don't have a huge client base at the moment but those that want gel polish have all had Megamix a few times and are very impressed with it (as am I!). I just love how versatile it is :)

Can anyone help me out at all with my previous question? Xx

Lovely ladies can someone help me please......I was very excited when my mm arrived yesterday, anyway I sat down last night to do mm with silver holographic glitter and it just wasn't going how I imagined...my mm is really really thick...I shook it and shook it and shook it stired it and I really had trouble getting it off the brush onto a palette so much so that when I did I felt like I was using half the bottle....have I got a dodgy bottle or am I doing something wrong....I appreciate it's going to be a bit thick being a gel but all the tutorials I've watched it looks like it blobs off the brush....

Hi, are you using the bottle rather than the pot? I only ask this as I use the pot and find it easier to use. The problem you're experiencing may be due to the gel being a bit cold (something was mentioned about it in an early thread) and the advice was to warm it slightly before use (not sure of the best way to do this, sorry!).

Failing that, I'm sure that if you contact Megamix to explain what's happening Martin will give you some sound advice, his customer service is second to none!

Hope this helps x

Thanks sue. I'll try warming it a bit and I'm using the bottle but wish I'd got the pot now. X

Thanks sue. I'll try warming it a bit and I'm using the bottle but wish I'd got the pot now. X

You're welcome! Have you any small empty pots or empty gel pots that can be cleaned out? It might be worth trying to decant it into one of those for future use (once you've got it moving of course! :)) x

Hi has anyone tried Mega mix with acrylic paints I have tried it on some stix but just wondered if anyone had used this on nails and does it last with Mega Mix thanks :)

SueC you are a gem thank you....I purchased one of the empty pots with my mm so will try warming it up and then decant some into there.....thanks again :)

Just wondering,

is it possible to do x1 amazin base, then x2 coats of normal nail polish, and then finish with amazin glaze.
I know there would be a wait for the polish to dry before application of amzin glaze but just wondered if anyone has tried it and if it works?!

Just wondering,

is it possible to do x1 amazin base, then x2 coats of normal nail polish, and then finish with amazin glaze.
I know there would be a wait for the polish to dry before application of amzin glaze but just wondered if anyone has tried it and if it works?!

It's unlikely this will work/have the lasting power of the full service as you are likely to get product breakdown.

The polish needs to be mixed in with the megamix gel and then cured as per your UV/LED light.

If you've bought the base and top coat, for the price of the pot you may aswell get this and ensure you can offer an amzing service using all the correct products :) x

Hi has anyone tried Mega mix with acrylic paints I have tried it on some stix but just wondered if anyone had used this on nails and does it last with Mega Mix thanks :)

Great question, I would like to know the answer to this too?

Hi everyone,

I think I read somewhere that you don't have to use the megamix base and topcoat, you can use your gel system base and topcoat if preferred, is that right?

I just wondered if anyone had found out whether their liability insurance would still cover them? I know that systems are not usually meant to be mixed. If someone could let me know, that would be great :) thanks

Latest posts

Back