Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I am on day 7 with my little experiment and I must say that I am pleased as punch. As you can see the MM nail is lasting better than the shellac. Possibly because there are more layers including Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. There are no chips or wear. Either way... I think I will try a full manicure with Shellac as a base at top coat along with my favorite Venique or OPI lacquer mixed with MM!
Will post again in a few days!

I would say YOU CAN use MM and Shellac!

I am now on day 17 with MM and no chips. My thumb and a finger have a chip in the Shellac but the MM fingers are all intact including the free edge. I wouldn't normally leave it on past 14 days but I have been so busy that I haven't even had time to do my own nails!

Attachments

• mm day 17.jpg
    mm day 17.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 378
I love megamix and how versatile it is. I tried it with some loose eyeshadow in turquoise, a royal blue polish bY Barry M, and finally with some glitter I purchased from ebay, a fine & chunky mix, and found all 3 consistency's totally easy to work with. Hopefully my pics will upload. Forgive me..am not as neat as some of you guys on here, Mrs Gray...your stuff is simply beautiful ....I strive to be this good one day!!! ;)

Attachments

• BARRY M.jpg
    BARRY M.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 343
  • AIRWICK BLUE.jpg
    AIRWICK BLUE.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 347
  • CORAL GLITZ.jpg
    CORAL GLITZ.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 456
Still like rocks! Decided to change the polish today tho... Got new mica powders and had to try them out!ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402610929.230370.jpg
They ain't the neatest work I have ever done but wow these powders!

These are what I did for an interview I had today. Im not entirely sure if I like the glitter mix as its not something I would usually go for.so I may change them tomorrow lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1402612158627.jpg
    1402612158627.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 282
Hi all, I have just heard of mega mix, but how do you use it? Is it a clear gel? Or is it coloured? ��

Last edited by a moderator:
The thread tells you everything but its verrry long! But still, have a read, some pics too.
Its basically a clear uv gel that you can mix with anything with pigments in: say ordinary nail varnish, eyeshadows or even loose lgitter, and you can then cure it under your uv/led lamp and it lasts as a gel polish would. I am on day 8 now with no chips, its amazing!

Love this stuff :)

I'm waiting for mine ordered Wednesday any one know how long roughly they take to be delivered x

Ordered mine today. I can't wait! X

So sorry, as I know this will have been covered before but can I use the Dashing Diva LED to cure Megamix? I bought it to use with IBX so if I can use it for MM, too, that would be fantastic :)

Thanks guys 😊

So sorry, as I know this will have been covered before but can I use the Dashing Diva LED to cure Megamix? I bought it to use with IBX so if I can use it for MM, too, that would be fantastic :)

Yes you can. That's what I use. I don't use it if I'm mixing mm with nail polish as I find it doesn't cure properly so I use a UV lamp instead x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Dear All!

Can you please tell me how much do you charge for MM nails in comparison do Shellac, Gelish or whatever else you are using?

I understand they last the same amount of time but it also it a customise service... Dilemma hmmm

Xxx

Yes you can. That's what I use. I don't use it if I'm mixing mm with nail polish as I find it doesn't cure properly so I use a UV lamp instead x

Perfect. So it's okay to use the DD LED when using pigments/glitter with MM? X

Perfect. So it's okay to use the DD LED when using pigments/glitter with MM? X

Yes. I've had no problems and I use this for nails and when I make rings. As I say I only find led an issue with mm mixed with nail polish x

Yes. I've had no problems and I use this for nails and when I make rings. As I say I only find led an issue with mm mixed with nail polish x

Fab. Thank you very much! X

Hi anybody had problems with colour density with Vinylux and Mega I have been using 50/80 ratio but the colour is not as deep as the polish on the dark colours

Latest posts

Back