Megamix under Shellac for extra strength?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachg

Reaction score
Has anybody tried this? I have some megamix and have a lady coming to me who's gone to an nss salon for 3 years and her nails are very soft and week. We're trying to get them back to how they were. Currently she's having shellac generally with a layer of silver vip or grapefruit sparkle to add extra strength. There lasting a week which is good for how bad her nails are but just wondered if a layer of megamix might make them last longer? If so how do I go about it? As far as application goes.... Thanks :) x

Hiya, I use IBX and/or Brisa lite smoothing under Shellac, works really well.

On my own nails I have actually worn a tip for repair just using Mega Mix to build it. I glued tip, applied MM base, 1coat MM normal application, 1 coat MM slightly thicker on apex (just used brush to push over apex) then top coat. Remover inhibition layer, buffed slightly then went in with Shellac colour (no base) lasted till I changed my polish, but it was on my left hand, not used much for doing nails. I was really impressed! HTH x

I have used it under shellac and gelish works great. I use shellac or gelish base coat 2 thin coats of mega mix then two coats of shellac or gelish then top coat

Can I ask what mega mix is?? As I have terrible nails ATM need to strengthen them!

Can I ask what mega mix is?? As I have terrible nails ATM need to strengthen them!
Personally I would recommend IBX, it's brilliant for weak or damaged nails. It's available from Louellabelle, lots of info about it on their site.

Megamix is a clear gel that can be mixed with normal polish, additives, or glitter to turn them into a gel polish or can be used on its own just for strength.

Here's the link to the thread on here to save you looking it up, but it's very long!! HTH X

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/...el-polish-colours-eyeshadows-nail-polish.html

Latest posts

Back