Megga Itchy Scalp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Mum washes her hair every other day and she started to get a really itchy head a few years back and it drove her crackers.

She bought Neutrogena and used it for two weeks and it went and hasn't been back since.

just bought some selsun! so we'll see how that goes !

amb x

Polytar shampoo hun. think its the best. my sister used to have psoriasis in her hair.

here's a temporary fix for itchiness but don't expect to impress your fella! think i had a reaction to some shampoo i was using the other day (some freebies they gave me at the NEC) but i was lying in bed and suddenly at 2.am my scalp was itching to the max. i had to get up and wash my hair but that didn't work. in the end i couldn't get to sleep so i put this stuff in my hair called Eurylax (i think?). Its a lotion I got from boots and i had half a bottle left from when i had that allergic reaction from the fake tan. It does exactly what it says on the bottle "stops itching fast". i looked a mess with all this stuff in my hair, but who cares no one saw me! stopped the itching in about 5 mins and managed to get back to bed. had a sore head in the morning from all my scratching.

next day made my mom check my hair for nits (she can spot 'em a mile off)and didn't have any thank god. weirdest thing, she couldn't understand why it happened, hasn't happened since and she said she couldn't even see any redness or flaking???? must have been the shampoo i used.

i'm itching now just at the thought of it.

wow...what a great responce..i am going to read all your suggestions again and make a list of what to get...let you know how i get on...your all great !!!! xx

Amber let me kow how you get on with the selsun stuff and off to check my shampoo bottles for the dodgy chemical stuff, thanks for that Geeg.

The only thing that springs to mind is massaging the scalp sparingly with tea tree oil. You may not like the oiliness, but.... at least its something natural and not another shampoo or chemically based product?!

You could use tea tree, if not try looking on the lush web site they have some realy good things

Just a thought are you using any styling products or hair straightning oils ???
Faye has this problem too and we found out that it wasn't the shampoo or Conditioner but the stuff she put on it to make it all sleek and nice.... just a thought xxxxx

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Just a thought are you using any styling products or hair straightning oils ???
Faye has this problem too and we found out that it wasn't the shampoo or Conditioner but the stuff she put on it to make it all sleek and nice.... just a thought xxxxx

I did think of this...i don't straighten my hair cos its like a poker anyway...but i do use a body building spray...so i stopped using it to see if it made any difference...but nope...still scratching like a bloody chimp. xxx

went boots and he gave me some Nizoral !!!!! £8.99...i nearly choked..xxx

I suffer from the same problem from time to time. I use the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner and it works really well. Any other shampoos seem to cause the problem but this stuff is really good! You can buy it from lookfantastic.com and they usually deliver next day.

Good luck!

well i used the Nizoral shampoo this morning and although i am still itching a little its no way as bad as it was...may be it will get better the more i use it. xx

yes hydracortizone is used to treat excema and other skin conditions, but you can only use small amounts. I was given some by the doctor as i have extremely sensitive skin, but he advised never to put it on my face!!! So i'm thinking putting it on your head wouldnt be so good either. Ive actually also got a really itchy head lately, since the beginning oof november, ive never had it before but its driving me totally crazy. Some days its ok,and i think its gone but then it itches like mad again, even if i wash my hair. ive no idea what it is!!! ARGH

too_dam_perfect said:
yes hydracortizone is used to treat excema and other skin conditions, but you can only use small amounts. I was given some by the doctor as i have extremely sensitive skin, but he advised never to put it on my face!!! So i'm thinking putting it on your head wouldnt be so good either. Ive actually also got a really itchy head lately, since the beginning oof november, ive never had it before but its driving me totally crazy. Some days its ok,and i think its gone but then it itches like mad again, even if i wash my hair. ive no idea what it is!!! ARGH

Betnovate is prescribed especially for the scalp. Its called Betnovate Scalp Application LOL!

Latest posts

Back