Men Only Beauty - would it work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifi La Fume

Reaction score
Hi - I posted yesterday about products for my mobile business.

I've been approached by the local barber who has a very nice new salon to see if I'd be interested in renting and running a men only beauty room in the barbers - do you think this would work.

I'm thinking, Manicures, Pedicures, Waxing, facials and massage

I'd be interested in your opinions.

I think its a good idea. Its not as if you have men only treatment rooms popping up on every corner is it?? Im sure you wouldnt have a lot of competition. but is there a demand for it where you are??

I think this could work.. you may need to do alot of advertising.. my husband has always said to me to do mobile mens beauty cos he said i could make a killing, but the thought of all those mens house or them coming to me kind of freacked me out.. but in a shop you are safe and sound. i would go for it

Id just be careful of mens feet!! If there anything like the men I know, I wouldnt touch them!!!

PMSL i agree. sometimes they are a bit chessy, wallice and gromet would be proud!!!

holliejayne said:
Id just be careful of mens feet!! If there anything like the men I know, I wouldnt touch them!!!

Hi...A client of mine opened a men only beauty salon in Glasgow, which did all the usual beauty treatments and also had a hair stylist and did the hot shaves...which were the treatments that brought men in...and once they were in they would enquire about the facials and manicures etc.......Unfortunately her business did not last but this was due to a bad location for the salon......as a couple of women opened another similar business, right in Glasgow city Centre called The Mens Store.....and they are branching out and possibly franchising the business because it has done so well...they have even won some young business entrepreneur award.....My youngest stepson (aged 20) shops there for his skincare and buys his dad's birthday/christmas pressies there...and thinks it is great!!!

I think it could do well. I havent heard of a mens only beauty place. I was talking to a lady who said her husband wants stuff done but wouldnt go into a normal beauty salon to get it done. No one seems to do that old fashioned shave thing with the blade and a lot of the older men in my area have been asking for it. So imtold.

I have always thought there is a big place in the market for a mens beauty salon, being attached to a barbers and with the correct advertising i think you will be on to a winner, especially with male waxing. Good luck!

Hi,

There is a salon near me that does just men it has hair and beauty and is all dermalogica products very masculine decor all grey and burgundy but looks cool and always looks busy , I think it is a really good idea.
Lots of Love

francesXXX La Fume said:
Hi - I posted yesterday about products for my mobile business.

I've been approached by the local barber who has a very nice new salon to see if I'd be interested in renting and running a men only beauty room in the barbers - do you think this would work.

I'm thinking, Manicures, Pedicures, Waxing, facials and massage

I'd be interested in your opinions.

With a name like francesXXX La Fume.............you'll have them flooding in. Just make it clear that you don't offer 'extra's'.

Kimmi Rocks said:
With a name like francesXXX La Fume.............you'll have them flooding in. Just make it clear that you don't offer 'extra's'.
Why is it kimmi that whenever i see your name some up on a tread i reach for the tissues..cos you always make me laugh..:biggrin::cry:

Thanks Ladies - I think I might give it a go - the place is very secure, well video camered with a panic button if anyone gets the wrong idea. I'd start small and take it from there.

What treatments do you think?

Well alot of my clients say their hubbies would like a facial but are scared of a salon, don't know whether they think they're gonna go out with makeup on, but I know if they had it they'd love it. They'll have it all done, you just have to give the treatments manly names - sports facial and the likes! I think you'll do well - and men always tip better than women!

Sounds like a good idea to me! How about if you did like an open day or something before plunging into it? They'll probably feel more confident booking up with you know that its a men's only beauty salon? A make-up free zone? Goodluck.

sounds like a good idea, men like to be pampered just as much as we do now. good luck.xxx

crystals said:
sounds like a good idea, men like to be pampered just as much as we do now. good luck.xxx

Indeed we do, though we like to keep that relatively quiet ... so don't tell everyone.
And excuse me, but my feet aren't that cheesy!!

On the original topic - treatment list sounds fine to me.
I guess it all comes down to how many potential clients there are in your area.

Colin

Latest posts

Back