Men

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
I just need a quick rant before I set off for work.

My husband is turning into a right Victor Meldrew!! He's driving me up the wall. He never used to be like this, he was really laid back and easy going when we met but middle age is not agreeing with him. I cant wait to go to work for a bit of respite and will be glad that he's set off for work by the time I get home, does that sound terrible?

Dont get me wrong I love him to bits but god he really knows how to drive a woman to drink!!!

Lol! This made me chuckle! I too have a victor meldrew! To make things worse, he does say "I don't believe it!" A lot too! He will moan about anything!!!

I always say my boyfriend is a mixture between victor and basil faulty but most of the time he has me in stitches but sometimes I find it really embarrassing!
Last year we went to get a Christmas tree from a garden centre and he asked three staff for help which all said not my department, so at the top of his voice he shouted "RIGHT out of here now! Un bloody believable! At which point everyone was looking I was trying to pretend I wasn't with him and my daughter found it hilarious! X

I always say my boyfriend is a mixture between victor and basil faulty but most of the time he has me in stitches but sometimes I find it really embarrassing!
Last year we went to get a Christmas tree from a garden centre and he asked three staff for help which all said not my department, so at the top of his voice he shouted "RIGHT out of here now! Un bloody believable! At which point everyone was looking I was trying to pretend I wasn't with him and my daughter found it hilarious! X

He sounds like me!! I would do that. My husband then tells me off for embarrassing him when we get in the car.

I'm lucky as my miserable Victor Meldrew works away all week and only comes home at weekends. So much easier to cope with!

I have a 28 year old Victor Meldrew and I know its only going to get worse.

Moan, moan, moan - Glad I'm not the only one.

I've told him that he's turning into his Granddad, so in a few years time he'll buy a tractor and some chickens and spend all his spare time talking to them, leaving me in peace - BLISS! haha

Feel your pain missus! Yes of course I love my husband but I swear to god he's turning in to my Dad :eek:

Give him his due, I am neurotic and unpredictable at times, poor bloke, but our saving grace is we dont spend too much time together ha ha! Suits us both, absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that :smack:

I think me and the fella spent too much time together at first, and I started resenting him (the feeling was mutual on his part too)
Now I dont see him too much and its fine, unless our little one is being a little monkey and I need a break.

The thing that's worrying for my fella is I am turning into my mum, and she is a crazy wild woman! (which is why I love her)
x

He moans like crazy, then says "is it just me?" Ahem "yes darling its you!" X

That would of been hilarious to see! X x

That would of been hilarious to see! X x
We were in marks and spencers waiting to get a cup of tea in a que last week and there was only one girl on the till so he shouted to a member of staff standing doing nothing "excuse me love, Is your other till broken?" Then started moaning to the old ladies saying can you believe it? one till on?
Im sure he was trying to get them to start moaning to!
When he comes to mine and we go to my local tesco i have to say pleeeese dont start in here, this is my local! x

We were in marks and spencers waiting to get a cup of tea in a que last week and there was only one girl on the till so he shouted to a member of staff standing doing nothing "excuse me love, Is your other till broken?" Then started moaning to the old ladies saying can you believe it? one till on?
When he comes to mine and we go to my local tesco i have to say pleeeese dont start in here, this is my local! x

So funny! My bf does that in shops. He moans and moans that there is only 1 person at a till. It's so embarrassing when we are in shops and he asks for discounts! He is a electrician so constantly at the wholesalers bargaining with them! Not in bloody river island though! Although he did get me £200 off my carpet so its not that bad :)

[QUOTE=Nails

Haha oh no not river island! My boyfriend use to be an electrician maybe its a job you moan a lot or maybe it's because they are men ;) x x

I have a 20 year old boyfriend who is a miserable sod! Does nothing but complain and he is SO like my father that it's frightening. We put him, my dad and my grandad in one room over Xmas and they got on like a house on fire.

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!!

All joking aside, I love him to bits but my god he is old before his time!!

xxx

loving this thread!!

lila, you are so funny!!

my OH is 48 so theres no hope for me lol, i keep telling him hes turning into a grumpy old man!!

I've got one of those too. Don't you find it funny though when men constantly complain about us women moaning. My other half tells me this all the time. I keep telling him that I'm going to install CCTV in the house with sound so he can see just how many times I truely moan in a 24 hour period and how many times he moans!! I will probs get one or two marks against my name, him, well its going to be into the double figures lol

xxx

I've got one of those too. Don't you find it funny though when men constantly complain about us women moaning. My other half tells me this all the time. I keep telling him that I'm going to install CCTV in the house with sound so he can see just how many times I truely moan in a 24 hour period and how many times he moans!! I will probs get one or two marks against my name, him, well its going to be into the double figures lol

xxx

I have sneakly recorded him on my phone and played it back but we end up laughing so much it hurts! I dont think he can quite believe how bad he is but its funny most of the time. x x

I think all men are born with a grumpy old man gene ... victor Meldrew wasn't conjured up for no reason ... they knew we would ALL relate!

Me again!!! I do this all the time! I embarrass my kids with it too. :D

I have just got home after a busy day & I haven't been feeling well either. This thread has really cheered me up & given me a laugh.:D

God I'm so glad it's not just me and you can all relate to this!

I think I'm going to start telling him he's turning into his dad. His dad is a Victor Meldrew too and its so funny, my other half tells me stories about the things his dad has done with a raise of his eyebrow, then he does exactly the same stuff!! He will be mortified if I suggest he's turning into his dad so I think now might be the time to mention it :D

Latest posts

Back