Men

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God I'm so glad it's not just me and you can all relate to this!

I think I'm going to start telling him he's turning into his dad. His dad is a Victor Meldrew too and its so funny, my other half tells me stories about the things his dad has done with a raise of his eyebrow, then he does exactly the same stuff!! He will be mortified if I suggest he's turning into his dad so I think now might be the time to mention it :D
Men hate it when you tell them that! But you are certainly not alone, like Geeg said victor meldrew was invented for a reason! X x

My oh moans at himself moaning lol.

He huffs and puffs and sighs.Winges about everything.XX

Now, the bad news is that they don't improve with age.
However, the good news is that you will learn to accept it.

(Well, OK......not ALL the time. Sometimes you may have to eat chocolate, drink wine or post on Salongeek!)

OMG now this is so fitting with this thread.

I put the heating on about 15 mins ago.It's bloody freezing in our house because the oh is just outside the patio doors where he has erected a sodding gazebo and is putting his new arrival under it which is a gym.so the door is open a little bit because he's got the extension lead running out there.

I have literally got a freezing cold nose and nipples like cigar butts so I pit the heating on hes just come in and said huff,puff sigh it's boiling in ere have you got the heating on,I said yes love it's freezing,he says why don't you put another jumper on on something you dong need the heating on it's not cold.

Cheek of it that makes me so angry.I've just locked him out there lmao I'll give him cold.

Are you serious Mr Colleen I have a jumper on dressing gown and joggers.arrrgh what is that about men and the heating.

Xxx

He has just text me from outside asking when his dinners ready.cheek of it and he was looking at me through the door reading it laughing his socks off.He thinks he's a comedian tonight lol.

I put the heating on about 15 mins ago.It's bloody freezing in our house because the oh is just outside the patio doors where he has erected a sodding gazebo and is putting his new arrival under it which is a gym.so the door is open a little bit because he's got the extension lead running out there.

I have literally got a freezing cold nose and nipples like cigar butts so I pit the heating on hes just come in and said huff,puff sigh it's boiling in ere have you got the heating on,I said yes love it's freezing,he says why don't you put another jumper on on something you dong need the heating on it's not cold.

Cheek of it that makes me so angry.I've just locked him out there lmao I'll give him cold.

Are you serious Mr Colleen I have a jumper on dressing gown and joggers.arrrgh what is that about men and the heating.

Xxx

He has just text me from outside asking when his dinners ready.cheek of it and he was looking at me through the door reading it laughing his socks off.He thinks he's a comedian tonight lol.

Omg that's so funny! I wish I were your neighbour I wouldn't need to watch Corrie! Xx

Sounds like me with the heating 😚oh is always cold and I keep turning it off, to be fair I think I got this off my dad!

My dad is the worst victor meldrew I have ever met. He constantly complains, he notes numbers on the gas meter to see if my mum outs the fire on while he's out, he tells my sister the shower is leaking through the ceiling to get her out! He moans about the neighbours, the paper boy, bin men, supermarket, you name it!

Took him ages to get over how much was spent on the royal wedding, don't dare mention it still incase it starts him off again pmsl

Omg that's so funny! I wish I were your neighbour I wouldn't need to watch Corrie! Xx

We are so lucky we have good neighbours that are attached to us lol.you would defo not have to watch Corrie lol.XX

Xxx

Haha this reminds me of my Ex! Anytime i put the heating on he would (in his words) "suffocate", such a drama queen huffing and puffing and pulling at his t-shirt collar! drove me insane :evil:

Xxx

haha, my husband complains about the heating being on. In cold weather like we've had recently he tells us to put a jumper on (n.b a jumper doesnt stop your hands and feet being cold or do we have to sit around in gloves and bedsocks too?!), then proceeds to moan all day about how much the last gas bill was. His favourite line is "It's like blackpool illuminations in this house", while wandering round turning lights off (again, if you went to Blackpool for the illuminations and the highlight of the show was 3 100watt lightbulbs you'd be pretty disappointed!!). He constantly moans about the price of things in Tesco's, and whilst I detest cold callers as much as the next person I really feel for the poor soul on the other end of the line if my husband ever answers these calls!!

Im guilty of asking for discounts. I did in a high-street shop the other day and got a bargain, last pair of fab green wedges but the friend i was with was soooo embarrassed and she told me off!

haha, my husband complains about the heating being on. In cold weather like we've had recently he tells us to put a jumper on (n.b a jumper doesnt stop your hands and feet being cold or do we have to sit around in gloves and bedsocks too?!), then proceeds to moan all day about how much the last gas bill was. His favourite line is "It's like blackpool illuminations in this house", while wandering round turning lights off (again, if you went to Blackpool for the illuminations and the highlight of the show was 3 100watt lightbulbs you'd be pretty disappointed!!). He constantly moans about the price of things in Tesco's, and whilst I detest cold callers as much as the next person I really feel for the poor soul on the other end of the line if my husband ever answers these calls!!

God the lights on thing drives my husband mental... His favourite phrase (i might add is one of my dads saying)... are we trying to land a plane?!?

Hes got an absolute bee in his bonnet about water at the moment too. Hes disgusted he has to pay every time we flush the loo, or the amount of loo roll as a household we get through. I might add we don't have tissues so you can imagine how much of a stressed eric he gets when ive got a cold.

Id love that bloody mans problems sometime, i tell you!!!

God the lights on thing drives my husband mental... His favourite phrase (i might add is one of my dads saying)... are we trying to land a plane?!?

Hes got an absolute bee in his bonnet about water at the moment too. Hes disgusted he has to pay every time we flush the loo, or the amount of loo roll as a household we get through. I might add we don't have tissues so you can imagine how much of a stressed eric he gets when ive got a cold.

A client told me the other day that in ireland uou dont pay for water!

A client told me the other day that in ireland uou dont pay for water!

only commercial water rates at the moment but water meters are coming in soon for residential properties.

at the rate they are bringing in new taxes ...they'll be soon be taxing us on passing water!!!!:sad:

Mine's a toilet roll nazi aswell!! I mean bloody hell if you need it you need it, there really is no way to cut back on it is there!!

When I got home from work today the kids have told me that "dad's been in a mood this morning". The tale they have told me is that he went in the fridge to get something out to make for lunch, and stood there wittering about how the fridge is "full of cake and crap and no actual food". This concerned me, I know we need to do a shop, it's the weekend after all, but the fridge being "full" of cake and crap? Not to my knowledge, so I checked. The sum total of cake and crap is half a tiramisu and a chocolate orange. We're hardly overflowing with confectionary!!! By all accounts he's spent the day wittering that we need to get our priorities right and stop buying crap and buy some actual food.

I swear he's getting worse every year. When we met all those years ago he was funny, light hearted, laid back. quite frankly he's now a shadow of his former self and I love him dearly but the urge to beat him to death with his own shoes is growing stronger by the day. If you see a news headline anytime soon that says "Bradford woman gives husband hollywood wax while he sleeps in revenge attack" that'll be me.

I hate men. Enough said!

My OH constantly moans about the electric bill. After calling and checking our tariff some lovely man, a woman would have never subjected me to this, sent us one of those electricity monitors. I swear he is obsessed with it. He now moans all day everyday about how much electricity we have used. It has gotten to the point that I have threatened to kidnap the monitor and told him if he thinks of calling for a replacement I will take care of that one too.

OMGoodness I have read and laughed at so many of these replies.
I've been single for over 10yrs & now considering looking for a man in my life and I'm glad to say though you lot have made me chuckle you've not put me off.
All I can add to the thread is I'm glad my 2exs are Ex's ;) given me beautiful kids and some fab memories but man they had their moments. Jealousy with one, alcohol with another. Apart from that they were smashing. :)

Ladies reading this thread has been most amusing for me as i'm male. And absolutely no offense taken form any of these posts as many are very humorous and you ladies surely love your men very much.
May i take a moment to offer perhaps a little insite to the male mindset?
We expect to and believe that to a large degree we are responsible for the familys well being, in every way. We also know that it takes two to run the family. But, we feel we are held most accountable. (thats not really true but in our heads it is) I'm sure there are exceptions but in large if we cant afford the things our family needs/wants we feel inadequate, and get all vocal.Thus the ranting about lights, water, food, ect. We want to provide, make safe, and protect just as you women do but in a different way. We will get all angry and caveman if we have too.Women on the other hand plan, do without, cut corners at the market ect to make it all work. Were all puling in the same direction, its just that we need to make noises while we do it while our women are quieter and probably more effective at it to be totally honest!!
Just my 2 pennys worth... :) Funny thread...

Lol I'm just wondering who's going to be first to say to their fella "stop thumping your chest, caveman" ;)

Latest posts

Back