Men ?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Herman

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many members on this site are men. I only know of Ant, Scott D, Geek & yours truly.

IS THERE ANY ONE OUT THERE???????????????

Ooops not forgetting nonacrylicgel

I'm here !! :cool:

Got me wondering.....just how many of 'us men' are there?

I know we have a unique perspective of the nail industry !

We've got to stick together !! :green:

Anyone else out there?

Hi Guys, I am here lurking in the background

Davie

hey dont forget about us guys in the states! i am a tech and former education abassodor for creative nail designs.......yeaah!
the guru

Hmmm I haven't come out yet!:)

For your info.

In Europe and particuarly Germany there are a lot of male nail techs.

As they are more ahead in this field it has gone down the hairdressing route and "all" the celebrity techs are men. But then its going that way here, AB,the geek, KP, GH, LD etc

I believe ( and I'll get slated for it ) its because it is less of a cottage industry over there and it has therefore broken the stereo typing issues because of salons that can take £10,000.00 a week. The allure of money is a big incentive.
:)

My husband is very interested in starting nails. He thinks he could do it after he has seen me do so many L&P nails. He is yet to give it a go, but i think we will be ringing creative for a foundation course for him in the very near future, he's just worried about getting hassle from his mates !

Claire x

OK - so I'm a girl but I wanted to say about my little boy (nearly 6) who is very interested in doing nails. He does manicures on his sister and sometimes nail art on me. He won't let you use anything but clippers on him though! Makes me laugh.

ella said:
OK - so I'm a girl but I wanted to say about my little boy (nearly 6) who is very interested in doing nails. He does manicures on his sister and sometimes nail art on me. He won't let you use anything but clippers on him though! Makes me laugh.

This rings a bell - my little boy is nearly 4 but LOVES anything to do with nails. He spends all his time playing with my nail trainer and files or polish, and his favourite word of the moment is cuticles!!

Budding nail tech in the making.

Shaza

Shaza said:
This rings a bell - my little boy is nearly 4 but LOVES anything to do with nails. He spends all his time playing with my nail trainer and files or polish, and his favourite word of the moment is cuticles!!

Budding nail tech in the making.

Shaza

Awwwww how cute,maybe he will be a nail tech one day!! Well I just wanted to say I think its great that there are plenty of guys out there that love nails as much as we do. ;) I wish my man did it would be great to get him to do mine LOL :lol: not sure if he would be any good at it though judging by the way he puts a shelf up LOL bless he is not really a DIY Blokey. So come on men get posting your nail pics and advice! :cool:

nonacrylicgel said:
Hmmm I haven't come out yet!:)
Ooops.... put my foot in it again :o , I have seen you discribed as a man on this site somewhere before. sorry if i got my assumption wrong.
Please feel free to put me in the picture

jaydee said:
Hi Guys, I am here lurking in the background
Stop lurking and get up front.

cndguru. You say you were an education abassodor, What are you up to now?

bug123, Let me know when the Beetles finished.

And girls you keep pushin your men because after all behind every great women there has to be a great man........ or something like that.

Stop lurking and get up front.

cndguru. You say you were an education abassodor, What are you up to now?

lately i cant keep my black clothes black,with all of the foot dust! its spring here in texas and all my guys and gals are trying to keep there feet in tip top shape for sandal season ! which is a long time here in houston!(march to november)mostly since being an educator ive just been getting busier and busier working in the salon.
i will do my best between clients to stand on the front lines from time to time .
thanx for the mention.
the guru

Sorry guru the "Stop lurking and get up front" quote was ment for jaydee.
But great to hear from you non the less. :cool:

I'm very much a woman but I have go a little man who spends all his time pushing a rock up a hill! :p

Hi Herman.
Im another male to add to your list.....Im not a full time tech more of a dabbler!!! I read your letter and then went to work and checked our data base for all male tech's that I supply in England, I was shocked to find only 10% were male.....there must be more male techs out there!!! Maybe you should organise a chat day for all the single ladies and gents to get to know each other..lol
Regards Dragon

ooh, that sounds like you wanna dating chatroom, lol

How would your dating advert go?

Male Nail Tech

GSOH

Full sets down to hour and a half

Pink and Whites as always

Deep Smile Lines a Speciality

Solar Oil Drinker

Infills need only apply

Photo of nails guarantees a reply

Creative 'Trained ' :twisted: