menda pure touch dispensers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dee

supernatural geek
Reaction score
cambridge,ON canada .. but originally from uk , lo
hi i have just got a catalogue and it has these menda dispensers where you just sweep your brush over the ball bearing in the top , it says they are good as it keeps smell to a minimum , has anybody used these , i dont want to get one if they are a load of poo, (i hope i havent confused you :rolleyes: ) any help would be great

I have used one of these in the past - it does not really work as you describe - you need to pump the top to get some monomer in the well but it did not give me the same control over my ratio.

I say the menda type pumps are fab for acetone and Scrubfresh but not for monomer.

thanks fiona , i wasnt really sure about them as i havent heard of anyone using em ,

naturalnails said:
I have used one of these in the past - it does not really work as you describe - you need to pump the top to get some monomer in the well but it did not give me the same control over my ratio.

I say the menda type pumps are fab for acetone and Scrubfresh but not for monomer.

Agree 100% with fiona. NOT for monomer.
The smell is horrendous. You do have to pump which causes spalshes and the top gets contaminated very quickly as the monomer evaporates.

A glass covered dappendish is still the best option for smell control, and cleanliness.

well, i use one and find it very effective at odour control and get on perfectly well ratio wise. be sure to buy the pure touch type as this is the only one that is suitable for monomer. the action on the pure touch is much softer than on the regular menda pumps. i find mine easy to work with. each to their own !

angel fingers said:
well, i use one and find it very effective at odour control and get on perfectly well ratio wise. be sure to buy the pure touch type as this is the only one that is suitable for monomer. the action on the pure touch is much softer than on the regular menda pumps. i find mine easy to work with. each to their own !

Nothing to do with ratio. More to do with cleanliness and keeping your monomer fresh.

Monomer evaporates a bit in the pump and some of the polymer from your brush goes back into the pump to contaminate the monomer in the pump. Plus the top tends to get sticky and gungy. Use to use one for years. Odour was much less in the salon when we switched to covered glass dappen dishes. There were 8 of us.

It is definitely (and has been tested and proved not my opinion) a more hygenic approach to use small amounts of monomer and replenish with fresh when you need it.

thanks for that :)

I love the menda containers! I use them for nail-polish remover as well as alcohol. If you don't have a good "seal" when you put the cotton on to wet (and pump) it it does go EVERYWHERE. But it's defintiely very convenient.

And as everyone else said defintiely NOT good for monomer!

Latest posts

Back