Menopause and Bio Sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McBeth

Reaction score
I currently have a client who has begun going though menopause in the last few months.
I have been doing her nails for almost a year now, with no issues, and she comes every 3 weeks like clockwork. But over the last 2 appointments she has returned with 3 or 4 gels missing (both hands are affected mostly her pointers and thumbs), she says they come off in the days leading up to her appointment, in one piece.
She is heavy handed and not great with her nail care, but it has never affected her nails before.
They look exactly the same, and there are no signs of damage.
I have changed her gels from S to Flexi, it still happened, so this time, x2 clear & S, (she is due to come back in a week.)
The only thing we can think of that might be affecting her nails is the hormonal changes she is experiencing with menopause? Is this likely at all?
I would love some help with this, as you can imagine its very frustrating for the both of us!
I have also posted this in the Bio group!

Have you checked if your bulbs need replacing?

All bulbs are reasonably new, so i don't think its them, but there are no problems with anyone else's nails at all, just this one lady.

Could well be. Is she talking hrt? Is she having a lot of hot flushes.
I started the meneapause at 25 so no the changes and nightmares we have.
Or is she using anything new like body lotion? Hand creams? Cleaning products? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hi Lila22,
she is having unbearable hot flushes, and says she is extremely irritable and angry all the time.
Thankfully for me she is being very good about her nails, it was her who suggested it might be her menopause.

Hi Lila22,
she is having unbearable hot flushes, and says she is extremely irritable and angry all the time.
Thankfully for me she is being very good about her nails, it was her who suggested it might be her menopause.

Well your skin, hair and nails all can change due to hormones so maybe this is what's happening. I suffer with my skin a lot. If you think her body will not be producing as much estrogen so things can change.
Do you use the scrub fresh McBeth? I'm on my phone and can't remember if you do or not? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I only use scrub fresh with a few ladies, she is one, as she is very hard on her nails.

Hi

Hmm that's a real pain for you and your client! Is this overlays or sculpts? Have you considered maybe using nail fresh on these problem nails?

If its overlays are you soaking off every time or in-filling?

They are overlays, and I soak off each time.

Latest posts

Back