Mens hair, blending tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x.x.kelly

Nailjunkie
Reaction score
hey just wanted to get everyones tips and advice on blending mens hair especially with really short back and sides and long on top, i struggle with getting rid of the line effect you can get by using scissor over comb even with womens short hair so anyone advice that you can help would be grateful.

x

hey just wanted to get everyones tips and advice on blending mens hair especially with really short back and sides and long on top, i struggle with getting rid of the line effect you can get by using scissor over comb even with womens short hair so anyone advice that you can help would be grateful.

x

Your not taking enough off if you get a line, just keep going and it'll blend but don't be scared x

I use the clippers like scissor over comb if you get what I mean? Which I find blends in nice x

Do you use clippers with grade or no grade? And what about cut marks any tips how to get rid of those on the liney sort of hair it annoys me when you can see where youve cut:/ xx

Do you use clippers with grade or no grade? And what about cut marks any tips how to get rid of those on the liney sort of hair it annoys me when you can see where youve cut:/ xx

Cross check its level, use no grade if using clippers I use 0 with clipper comb or scissors

Just keep going over it like blue said don't be scared :) if you keep going over it it will take any lines out x

I use grade 1 when blending as i find it controls it better, x

you've got to make sure the client is sitting still and watch for any movement, keep a steady 'comb' hand and keep your scissors moving (like a clipper I guess) . if you go too close to the scalp and get a line you'll have to blend it out shorter - best to avoid this by following the above pointers, its all about practice and then it'll become second nature. Even using clippers over comb you'll create lines if the client moves or you get too close. we used to sit there practiveing our scissor movements in mid air until it became easy. :D

i learnt a couple of fantastic tricks when i did a barbers refresher course with matrix.

If you're using clippers a grade 5 will always even out a grade 2. If smaller then you basically go 2 down.....if that makes any sense. The results are great for shape ups and fades.

If you have a texturised cut then you can either point cut to make it less obvious or cut above comb but at a 45degrees angle. hths xoxo

Latest posts

Back