Men's haircuts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinytoes

Reaction score
Hey people, i need some advice. I have just finished NVQ Level 2 Hairdressing and i am keen to learn how to cut men's hair so that i can do male clients as well in the future. What do u guys suggest?

I am hoping to do a 3 month course in the very near future, and plan to keep doing courses, i have been watching loads of videos on youtube which i find are helpful and i always cut my 2 sons' and husband's hair at home for practice. (mainly with clippers tho)! I have been watching the scissors over comb technique on youtube today and i am keen to learn/try this. All of my 3 men need haircuts this week, so that is handy!!

Do u like cutting men's hair and do you cut men's hair as part of your job? Many people say they don't like to cut men's hair..alot of my male friends and cousins are waiting for me to start cutting their hair lol..nice to know when you are in demand..and i haven't even started yet!:)

Hmmm I find cutting men's hair boring and they don't like to pay to much :-(
yes I mean they are tight lol
I used to have a select bunch very picky but I am not working in my shop for now so passed them on to other stylists.
Wahl academy do 1 or 2 day courses very good, I even did the hair tattoo course !
Don't know what your employment status is but if a kind barber would help teach you in return for you helping out in their shop you would get the best training :)

I taught my self gents cuts and I've got a large male clientele that travel a fair distance for a cut and they are willing to pay the same as a women!!

I was trained to do men in the salon and when I speak to alot of my friends they say the same. Have have a large number of male clients that have the works and find it very profitable as they fill small gaps in my column were I would other wise be unable to fit something in.

I taught my self gents cuts and I've got a large male clientele that travel a fair distance for a cut and they are willing to pay the same as a women!!

Well done you, hope i can do the same one day (soon)!!:)

Hmmm I find cutting men's hair boring and they don't like to pay to much :-(
yes I mean they are tight lol
I used to have a select bunch very picky but I am not working in my shop for now so passed them on to other stylists.
Wahl academy do 1 or 2 day courses very good, I even did the hair tattoo course !
Don't know what your employment status is but if a kind barber would help teach you in return for you helping out in their shop you would get the best training :)

Hey Pinkpants, thanks for the course recommendation, i will research it more. I am not employed yet. Just finished Level 2 Hairdressing and hoping to do voluntary soon in a salon.

I was trained to do men in the salon and when I speak to alot of my friends they say the same. Have have a large number of male clients that have the works and find it very profitable as they fill small gaps in my column were I would other wise be unable to fit something in.

Hey Shelltreats - I am hoping to start voluntary work in a salon soon, so i hope i can learn lots then..i love cutting short hairstyles and i have been developing an interest in mens hair as well, thank u for the input!

I was taught mens hairdressing when i did my City & Guilds, i like cutting mens styles...i dont do loads but when i do it makes a nice change.

does anyone have any good links to self learn male cutting. I don't know why but I'm terrified of the clippers ? x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back