Men's perm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiereid92

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is a question for my own hair.

I've wanted to have a perm for a long time now I'm just not sure how to go about it. I'e attached some pictures of what I want the result to look like I'm just nervous on what wind to do and what size rollers?

I was thinking taking a diagonal section from the side part, all going backwards, then diagonal going the other way back if that makes sense? And then using red and blue/blue rollers.

I was also wondering if anyone had some advice on how to style it afterwards. I was thinking of using lorreal Dual Stylers the yellow one for curls, or just scrunching in some gel.

My hair at the moment is quite long, the front comes down to my nose and it's medium density, it's not too thick but definitely not thin or fine. And it's quite floppy, so I'm hoping when I want to blow dry it back into a quiff that it will have some more hold with the perm as well.

Thanks for reading, hopefully someone has some experience and can help x

mensworldherenkappers_and-high-fade-and-curly-hair-2017-new.jpg
barberstacie_and-skin-fade-and-curls-long-fringe.jpg
a7c0483e1f7c4a92730b8da7ec0f2abd--fashion-hairstyles-mens-hairstyles.jpg

I would probably brick wind from back to front, as it appears most of them are falling forward.
Blue rods, 15/20 mins if you've no colour on your hair....are you using L'Oreal?...good old Dulcia 1 should do the trick!
A moulding cream, Hollywood waves is good....... then diffuse.

I do my partners hair like that his hair is super straight and plops forwards so I brick wound backwards , it still
Comes forwards but just not as much so he still has some height . He then lets it dry naturally
And uses powder and hairspray and he doesn’t like the wet look x

Thanks for replying, Red star, I would have thought that but in all the pictures of men' perms they have it perms backwards and it falls forward.. .?

Ok I'll definitely use blue rods I'm excited now!

Ordinarily I would of said back .... but if you look at those first 2 pictures, especially the edges, they are def going forward :p

Latest posts

Back