Menstrual cups?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
Has anyone tried them?

What's your thoughts?

I'm really on the fence about trying one.

I've heard of them and I wouldn't want to use them , it sounds odd to me but I haven't spoken to anyone who has used one , but for you what would be the harm in trying one ? [emoji3]

Best thing ever!!!! Love mine. So much easier, can leave it in all day. Better for the environment. No risk of toxic shock as it doesn't leave fibres behind inside you. You only need to practice putting it in, but don't give up. So worth it, xxx

Had a look online what if it overflows that's what puts me off [emoji45]

I've just had to google would it not be uncumfy sitting down? Xx

Had a look online what if it overflows that's what puts me off [emoji45]

It would be the same as if you 'overflow' a pad or tampon.

Most things I've read no one has filled their cup past halfway.

I've just had to google would it not be uncumfy sitting down? Xx

It's rubbery I think? And possibly the same size as a tampon so I guess it would be the same?

Just looks abit lolly poppy on the end bit on the picture I saw ? I take it that's the bit to grab on to to get it out? X

I might get one to have a go lol just out of curiosity [emoji57][emoji57]

Just looks abit lolly poppy on the end bit on the picture I saw ? I take it that's the bit to grab on to to get it out? X
I might get one to have a go lol just out of curiosity [emoji57][emoji57]

I think so Lauren?!

Please do Lydia and let me know what it's like! [emoji23]

I'm so curious but I would be scared to try and use one!

Grrrr I put lots of the crying face emojis at the beginning of that why don't they work for me?

I have one and it's brilliant. However, I have always had heavy periods so I still had to wear pads (like I do with tampons). I think it's better than tampons and more natural. I find the cramps worse with tampons too.

The downsides I found, is that if you're heavy and you have to change it quite often, like I did, after a while the removal got painful. So I stopped using it. I seem to be a bit lighter these days though so I might give it another go, if I can find it!

Those saying isn't it uncomfortable - no it's not, you do not feel it once it's in.

You do have to be pretty comfortable with your anatomy though, it's very hands on if you like, getting it in and out. It takes a bit of practice and the first time you take it out is a bit daunting. But once you're comfortable with it, it's great.

I use them, however only when I'm home, unfortunately rinsing them when out in public doesn't work, and I couldn't bare to wrap up a dirty one and keep in a handbag! Iv never had leakage, I feel so much better using it, but never accidentally drop one! It ain't a pretty sight...

I've used a mooncup for around 10 years. I do have very heavy periods so sometimes can be almost full.

If I'm out I empty it and reinsert or use a disabled toilet where I can rinse it.

If it's uncomfortable snip the tangly bit and make it shorter, also make sure it's inserted far enough. No,different from wearing a tampon not fully inserted. It it's far enough inserted you don't feel it.

It's like an egg cup shape.

I've used a mooncup for about 3 years and I love it, wouldn't go back to tampons/pads now. When my periods are really heavy I just have to empty it more often, but it's never been full or overflowing, even sometimes going 6-8 hours without emptying. It can feel a bit 'full-on' to start with if you're not used to it, and a bit messy emptying it. Not for the squeamish, but at the end of the day it's all natural and nothing to be afraid of.

Waaaay better than Tampons, can't think of any negatives..

Latest posts

Back