Mental illness, social anxiety etc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone I'm so sorry to hear that ye all have something that makes life that little bit harder I'd like to share my story if you don't mind I tend to ramble so I'll keep it short:

I've just deleted my story it was too long here's a second go:

So I had my son at 17 broke up with the father, few months later got with Alan, moved out of home 40 mins away an was working near home I was alone with josh all day got depressed moved 15 mins away from home was put I wrong medication got manic depression stRted hanging around with nasty people ended up with josh being taken off me luckily wAs given to my dad n step mum who I hated at the time but they're good people I had to be hospitalised for a month got me on right medication, got josh back ; D I'm still on medication. I don't think they'll ever let me off it, life is a constant battle but we Gota keep fighting it :)

Hey everyone I'm so sorry to hear that ye all have something that makes life that little bit harder I'd like to share my story if you don't mind I tend to ramble so I'll keep it short:

I've just deleted my story it was too long here's a second go:

So I had my son at 17 broke up with the father, few months later got with Alan, moved out of home 40 mins away an was working near home I was alone with josh all day got depressed moved 15 mins away from home was put I wrong medication got manic depression stRted hanging around with nasty people ended up with josh being taken off me luckily wAs given to my dad n step mum who I hated at the time but they're good people I had to be hospitalised for a month got me on right medication, got josh back ; D I'm still on medication. I don't think they'll ever let me off it, life is a constant battle but we Gota keep fighting it :)

Oh god im so sorry to here that. It looks like things are on the up for you at the moment but your right it seems to be one thing after the other !!! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh god im so sorry to here that. It looks like things are on the up for you at the moment but your right it seems to be one thing after the other !!! Xx

Thankyou just glad everyone tried so hard to get me into that hospital coz god knows where I would of ended up, just did the darkness into light walk at 4am this morning for pieta house charity to raise funds for suicide and depression, we did 5k think over 8,000 did it and it's only a small town, they're all over the country, delighted to be a part of it, it's unfortunate that depression comes in our family as I'm sure it does for many others

These type of illnesses are more common than you think in our industry. You're not alone. In between insisting that your doctor takes you seriously, practice putting on your salon face. It will seem insurmountable at first, but the more you practice it, the easier it gets. I can go from wreck to 'happy' in a nanosecond, and the client would never know. It's pure practice. Being able to present a salon front doesn't negate how you feel inside, it just stops you being in a vicious circle, as the more you moan or offload onto clients, the less success you have.

I agree wholeheartedly. Keeping touch with normality helps too.

So many people on here describe how I feel. It is so exhausting trying to be happy and cheerful in front of clients. I don't think some people realise what depression and anxiety is like. One colleague thinks that I am moody and hate her because some days I don't speak to anyone but the clients and seem happy enough with them. Little does she know inside I am beating myself up trying to get through it and actually hate every minute of it. Every day I have to go to work I get anxious and don't want to go. I have had a few sessions of CBT and it kinda helps. I agree with others that I think every one is staring. Perhaps they are but I try and make myself better by thinking perhaps they are staring because I'm looking awesome today. LOL.

So many people on here describe how I feel. It is so exhausting trying to be happy and cheerful in front of clients. I don't think some people realise what depression and anxiety is like. One colleague thinks that I am moody and hate her because some days I don't speak to anyone but the clients and seem happy enough with them. Little does she know inside I am beating myself up trying to get through it and actually hate every minute of it. Every day I have to go to work I get anxious and don't want to go. I have had a few sessions of CBT and it kinda helps. I agree with others that I think every one is staring. Perhaps they are but I try and make myself better by thinking perhaps they are staring because I'm looking awesome today. LOL.

Ohh I have one awkward person I work with too. She always geta my name wrong and stuff but she knows full well what my name is she just tries to grate me down. Shes an older lady and I think she just feels threatened by young meat with more qualifications which is sad really. But we habe to ignore these people because we beat our selves up enough
And with the staring thing thats deffo the best way to look at it. I try to look at it like that xx

I get terrible anxiety the night before I got into my clinic, and have dreams about what could happen (someone falling off the couch, I forget the reflexology routine) etc. But as soon as my first client appears I'm happy and smiley and relaxed and it all goes well. I rarely get complaints and often get good feedback and tips. But come my next room booking I'm anxious again. Why on earth is this and how can I break the cycle? I've been a therapist for 6 years but it's only bothered me for the last 2.

I suffer from chronic anxiety disorder and mild depression. There is days where I don't want to go out but I take certain things that comfort me. I have my other half on speed dial incase I need him. My dog is a huge anxiety reliever. I am going through CBT shortly and I am also on Propanalol. As my doctor says this isn't something that ever goes away, we just learn to deal with it. I know some people count, I listen to music to distract me. It's all down to managing and finding ways that suit you. I know that's not much help but I hope I help in some way x

I get terrible anxiety the night before I got into my clinic, and have dreams about what could happen (someone falling off the couch, I forget the reflexology routine) etc. But as soon as my first client appears I'm happy and smiley and relaxed and it all goes well. I rarely get complaints and often get good feedback and tips. But come my next room booking I'm anxious again. Why on earth is this and how can I break the cycle? I've been a therapist for 6 years but it's only bothered me for the last 2.

Oh gosh that sounds hard work bless you. Mines quite different. Like (i dont drive) so walking/getting the train to work makes me feel super anxious but im usually ok at work. Or i pretend to be to my self. And then when i get home i over think stuff. I do worrh about people having reactions to tint and stuff though!! Xx

Purrfectly Polished

I suffer from chronic anxiety disorder and mild depression. There is days where I don't want to go out but I take certain things that comfort me. I have my other half on speed dial incase I need him. My dog is a huge anxiety reliever. I am going through CBT shortly and I am also on Propanalol. As my doctor says this isn't something that ever goes away, we just learn to deal with it. I know some people count, I listen to music to distract me. It's all down to managing and finding ways that suit you. I know that's not much help but I hope I help in some way x

I completely understand that! I used to smoke like 60 a day at 18 years old which is just vile. And i found it so hard to stop because every time i was anxious i used to smoke. So like walking to and from the bus stop or in town etc. Now that ive stopped its my phone that i lean on in social situations. How annoying. And yeah your right i suppose it's just finding something that helps you xx

Purrfectly Polished

Hi ,sad to read others struggle too 😦
I wonder how to deal with clients when im having a real bad day regarding how to explain why i need to re-arrange or how to keep going when i feel i cant? Any tips would be fab.
I suffer with depression and anxiety,i find my weekly regulars the hardest to deal with as they get to know my personal life and so it becomes harder to explain or hide.
Does anybody else have a strategy for this that helps atall? xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back