Merlin the Magican nail art competition

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I really need your help. I am going to be entering a nail art comeption where the theme is Merlin the Magican. It will be done on a live model. It has to have 3d in it. I will be airbrushing aswell.

My fiance said I should try doing a dragon, which I thought was a good idea, but have no idea how to do it or where to begin.

Please geeks help me with any ideas or suggestions, even if it is for a diffrent design. It would really be appreicated and its urgent.

Could you not do Merlin and then the whole round table theme - you could do a stiletto shaped like Excalibur, a magic wand, a wizards hat, a wizard fae with beard ( like a stiletto with the free edge being the beard ) :D xx

I think glitter looks magical. When your casting a spell and you see like glitter in the air as they cast their spell.... Maybe a spell book with text ( you know transferring text onto nails from newspapers with surgical spirit etc ) ...

Maybe on one hand you could do the dragon and on the other hand a spell book with some glitter with stars in like the spell is being cast. Maybe do a 3d spell book and dragons tail and head ?
The other thing you might think of is Arthur pulling the sword out of the stone......
So many options .....

Whatever you do please show a picture here ! Would be really interested to see it.
Good luck.

Thank you for the idea! I really appreciate it.

I have never done a stiletto nail though. I will give it a bash. But how would i do the round table theme?

Could you not do Merlin and then the whole round table theme - you could do a stiletto shaped like Excalibur, a magic wand, a wizards hat, a wizard fae with beard ( like a stiletto with the free edge being the beard ) :D xx

Thank you for your suggestions.

how do you transfer print onto nails with surgical spritits?

I thought of the 3d head and tail but my problem is I really don't know how to make it.

some really great ideas, will have a play around.

thank you.

I think glitter looks magical. When your casting a spell and you see like glitter in the air as they cast their spell.... Maybe a spell book with text ( you know transferring text onto nails from newspapers with surgical spirit etc ) ...

Maybe on one hand you could do the dragon and on the other hand a spell book with some glitter with stars in like the spell is being cast. Maybe do a 3d spell book and dragons tail and head ?
The other thing you might think of is Arthur pulling the sword out of the stone......
So many options .....

Whatever you do please show a picture here ! Would be really interested to see it.
Good luck.

Hi Peeps,

Afew days ago I posted a thread about a nail art competion I was going to order where the theme was Merlin the Magician. Well this morning I just got told that the Merlin category has been cancelled and the new theme is Picaso!

The competion is this weekend and I really need some ideas PLEASE! I will be airbrushing and it is all flat art.

All ideas welcome and very much apprecitaed.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not make an inspiration bored?

Stick on print outs of piscaso paintings and styles ,

Things you would like in there and even some motivational words ,

You will come up with something in no time.

thank you that sound like a great idea.

Why not make an inspiration bored?

Stick on print outs of piscaso paintings and styles ,

Things you would like in there and even some motivational words ,

You will come up with something in no time.

Latest posts

Back