Messed up highlights, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaJaanexo

Reaction score
So basically I've done a set of highlights on my friend and this happened!!! I have no idea what went wrong and I don't know how to fix it either. I'm assuming I could do a smudge root? But what colour?

I feel so stupid. I've done loads of highlights before and never had this issue. I'm fairly newly qualified but confident so when I washed it off and found this I was mortified :(

Now it won't let me add the bloody photo, my days gone from bad to worse! Basically where all the foils have been there's yellow lines, I think my foils leaked. Literally stripes all over her head!! She's a natural level 6, highlighted to about an 8 so I was thinking majirel 8.01 root smudge? So upset I hope someone figures out what I mean!!

Can you upload the picture to www.imgur.com to help the geeks understand. I understand the foils have bled everywhere. Think people need to see a picture to analyse.

Hi Hun, don't panic we all learn from our mistakes! It's sounds to me like your foils have bled. In terms of a root stretch it depends what the rest of her hair is like as you wouldn't put a base 8 root stretch on, if she still has a lot of her natural base 6 left though the ends as it would make her root a completely different colour and glow. So you need to analyse what you have in front of you before you decide what to put on the root. X

So basically I've done a set of highlights on my friend and this happened!!! I have no idea what went wrong and I don't know how to fix it either. I'm assuming I could do a smudge root? But what colour?

I feel so stupid. I've done loads of highlights before and never had this issue. I'm fairly newly qualified but confident so when I washed it off and found this I was mortified :(

Now it won't let me add the bloody photo, my days gone from bad to worse! Basically where all the foils have been there's yellow lines, I think my foils leaked. Literally stripes all over her head!! She's a natural level 6, highlighted to about an 8 so I was thinking majirel 8.01 root smudge? So upset I hope someone figures out what I mean!!
Depending on how bad it is, you could pick out your highlights and put them in foil with conditioner and then apply a full colour semi of a 6 or you Coul just pick up the bleed marks in slices in foil with a semi 6. Which should give you the same result as you were trying to achieve in the first place. By doing a root smudge you're moving the goal post to something that covers up the mishap, but isn't necessarily what the client wanted. Hope this helps.

You could use a 6/0 and pick out the bled sections and pop them in a foil painting only the root and take it right up to the scalp, If it bleeds it will be fine because once you have put them in, flip the foil and wipe away any tint from underneath. In future when you are highlighting, go through your foils after you have put a full section in and wipe away any seeped tint. Hopefully helpful.

Latest posts

Back