Messy gelbond with DD

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinkingorgeous

Reaction score
Last night I did a set of dashing divas under shellac.

After doing previous sets of DD with their glue and finding 2 clients had probs with them coming off (I haven't done too many I'm new to nails). So I bought some gelbond and used that last night on a client. Oh my goodness I nearly stuck my fingers to the client at least 5 times and got myself in such a mess. Then buffed the DD slightly and applied my shellac coats.

My question is, how do you all not stick your fingers together and get in a mess!!!! It's because it's a tube of glue without a brush, any help much appreciated. Xx

You could use your dotting tool to apply the gelbond to the DD,

Remember a little goes a really long way .

Www.lilmissbuffit.com
Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Also you only have 10 seconds to work the adhesive.

No pressure there then lol.

Jacqui xx

Oh my love, I've been in that position myself more than a couple of times!

Gelbond is pressure set so it won't set until you press it... Try pressing the dd down onto the nail from tip towards the eponichium.. Does that make sense? So any excess comes out onto the nail and not out the end. Then using a dry pad wipe the excess glue down over the dd rather than all over the nail.

It will take a while to get a feel for how much is enough. In the beginning I used the pile it on and it'll stick better method which isn't really the most effective one lol :)

oh my goodness geeks, Im cracking up laughing, I was definately using the more is better method, Im thinking back on it now and have tears of laughter in my eyes :lol:

I seriously got myself in such a mess and when I say I got myself stuck about 5 times it was probably significantly more than that :eek:

Thank you very much for your advice, those suckers arent going to be coming off anytime soon lol

I will now remember less is more and be trying it with my dotting tool, 10 secs eep

:hug:

Last edited:
Hi there

I myself have been in exactly your situation. I love the rsults of dd but they would always chip at the sides with the glue provided. I now use gelbond and did indeed glue my fingers to my client!! Now I find it so much easier squeezing out some gelbond into a dappen dish for example and I use the brush from the old glue to apply if that makes sense. Fab results now no lifting although you really need to hold down the dd until it sets. Hope this helps :Grope:

I guess any brush would do however the dd glue brush is quite small obviously designed to fit the dd so its perfect. I don't have much glue left in the dish after all ten. I just wipe excess out with tissue another good tip is to squeeze it out on the plastic back of a handsdown pad. This is what I use when I apply glue to my crystals, I then just throw the pad away then.:lol:

Hi there

I myself have been in exactly your situation. I love the rsults of dd but they would always chip at the sides with the glue provided. I now use gelbond and did indeed glue my fingers to my client!! Now I find it so much easier squeezing out some gelbond into a dappen dish for example and I use the brush from the old glue to apply if that makes sense. Fab results now no lifting although you really need to hold down the dd until it sets. Hope this helps :Grope:

Flippen BRILLIANT idea!!! Also Ladies - the Gelbond top can stick after a few uses - and its hard to unscrew as the actual tube is metal and twists. Don not despair!!! Boil a kettle and run the hot water over the plastic top, and it will open again! I find I have to do this on EVERY application. XX

fab fab fab tips, thank you geeks xxxx

I saw somewhere that pressing, using cling film, between your fingers & the clients nail was a good way do not get any on you.

oh my goodness geeks, Im cracking up laughing, I was definately using the more is better method, Im thinking back on it now and have tears of laughter in my eyes :lol:

I seriously got myself in such a mess and when I say I got myself stuck about 5 times it was probably significantly more than that :eek:

Thank you very much for your advice, those suckers arent going to be coming off anytime soon lol

I will now remember less is more and be trying it with my dotting tool, 10 secs eep

:hug:

I love this little word.

I've been trying to remember who used it on this site previously .. you lol.

Don't know why I love it so much, I just do.

Jacqui xx

Latest posts

Back