Metal spatula

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hertsgirl

Reaction score
I really want to start using metal spatulas for waxing. Should the spatula be slightly angled or straight?
Hope this makes sense

Jane xx

I really want to start using metal spatulas for waxing. Should the spatula be slightly angled or straight?
Hope this makes sense

Jane xx
Jane I use metal spatulas for strip wax and I have some of each. But I prefer the ones that are longer and more straight at the end rather than very rounded. Hope that makes sense!
Good luck

Thanks jack but I meant when you apply the wax should the spatula be at an angle or straight

Thanks jack but I meant when you apply the wax should the spatula be at an angle or straight
Lol... Sorry i hadn't had my daily fix of caffeine!
Keep your spatula straight upright, some therapists like to scrape the wax onto the area and then use the spatula to spread it. I prefer to keep the wax on the spatula and then keeping it upright just let the wax run off the spatula as you are go along the area.

Lol... Sorry i hadn't had my daily fix of caffeine!
Keep your spatula straight upright, some therapists like to scrape the wax onto the area and then use the spatula to spread it. I prefer to keep the wax on the spatula and then keeping it upright just let the wax run off the spatula as you are go along the area.
Just keep your spatula at 90 degree angle to keep the wax running off smoothly as soon as you lay the spatula flat to the body you won't get a nice thin application of wax

Keep it up straight like a bread knife and press the spatula into the skin and scrape the wax............never turn the spatial downwards. Btw it doesn't hurt the cline if you press it hard as the wax glides underneath it.

Thanks Kim x

Latest posts

Back