Metal spatula

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candystore

Reaction score
hi

I've just purchased a metal spatula to use, as I think I can cover a bigger area as the wax stays hotter for longer. Does anyone else use one?

Next the dreaded question of double dipping? I usually use disposable spatulars and throw away after each use. Are metal spatulars more hygienic?

Honestly... logically think about it ... no

Roller wax cartilages are prob better for speed and large areas and I use one cartilage per client.

I'm going to be really dumb and ask, when you say 'throw away after every use', do you mean literally after each use, or after each client? I've just finished VTCT level 2 Beauty Therapy and they say to dispose after each client x

I'm going to be really dumb and ask, when you say 'throw away after every use', do you mean literally after each use, or after each client? I've just finished VTCT level 2 Beauty Therapy and they say to dispose after each client x

I throw away after every use, so use a few each client

Oh wow, okay. I'd get through loads! X

I use one spatula once, never double dip so a metal spatula wouldn't work for me. Wooden spatulas cost less that 1p each so cheap as chip x

I saw at the beauty show, Wax Logic, and that they have a pre-wax lotion which removes any dead skin cells and residue before waxing, they then promote the use of a metal spatula to get a thinner spread of wax, and with the pre wax lotion is still in line with hygeine (unless you get blood spots where you then switch to disposable) whilst also not using a ton of wooden spatulas, which does rattle my environmentally friendly cage of huge waste. Does anyone else use the wax logic range for these reasons?

I saw at the beauty show, Wax Logic, and that they have a pre-wax lotion which removes any dead skin cells and residue before waxing, they then promote the use of a metal spatula to get a thinner spread of wax, and with the pre wax lotion is still in line with hygeine (unless you get blood spots where you then switch to disposable) whilst also not using a ton of wooden spatulas, which does rattle my environmentally friendly cage of huge waste. Does anyone else use the wax logic range for these reasons?
I've been taught to always use pre wax which (like you said) remove any oils, dead skin etc. That was from VTCT. This is how I do it x

Metal spatulas are usually put into a sanitiser between clients. Wooden ones are thrown away after one client. Double dipping is the same whether the spatula is wood or metal.

Most companies will teach you to cleanse the skin first. Strip wax is typically used for large areas (legs, arms, back & chest) and double dipped unless there is blood spotting. Hot wax is typically used for bikini, underarms and face and you are taught not to double dip because these areas are more likely to get spotting x

Hot wax is typically used for bikini, underarms and face and you are taught not to double dip because these areas are more likely to get spotting x
Interesting...we weren't taught that. Learn something new every day! X

Latest posts

Back