Metal wax spatulas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jack,

I am desperately looking to buy some metal wax spatulas after attending a Kim Lawless training course but can not find any. Ellisons don't have them at the moment and I have tried Thalgo as you suggested but can't find them. If you can send me a link that would be fab? :)

Hi Jack,

I am desperately looking to buy some metal wax spatulas after attending a Kim Lawless training course but can not find any. Ellisons don't have them at the moment and I have tried Thalgo as you suggested but can't find them. If you can send me a link that would be fab? :)

Have you called Thalgo? I got mines from there :).

I order mine from Thalgo - 0207 512 0872
Jack

I think you're getting a bit carried away Suzanne as we're not talking about double dipping on intimate, under arms or face. I have never had a single hair in my wax ever!

Now have a large vodka and calm yourself before someone has to call an ambulance.:smack:

Remember that I only apply with the metal spat once on unbroken skin and then if I need to re-apply over the same area, I use a new wooden spat and then throw it………….I don't put that back into the wax. :hug:

I wouldnt see it as getting carried away, more so meticulously hygienic! :wink2: We'll have to agree to disagree me thinks :hug:

Why don't people use a wooden spatula to take wax from the pot and 'drizzle' it onto the metal spatula without touching the two together?

Would probably cool the wax down A LOT more than you'd want... Personally I SEE the benefits of the metal spatula... but I just can't bring myself to double dip... even following the suggestions from people like Kim...
I see the arguments but in my head there is always the "what if"... with all the new super bugs out there I just don't want to take the chance... the only time I double dip is towards the end of a wax pot when I am only using it on myself before chucking it out LOL

Why don't people use a wooden spatula to take wax from the pot and 'drizzle' it onto the metal spatula without touching the two together?

Because that adds far too much time to the treatment.

The therapist who had the beauty room before me still used the old way of putting the excess hot wax going back into the pot...I think this is how all waxing used to be done years ago....the hairs were filtered out...beyond gross, my point is that waxing is so much more hygenic now than it ever has been, and that using a sterilised metal spatular IMO is perfectly acceptable as long as you dont go over the same area more than once. Every morning I put both my wax pots on, then wack up the heat to high for half an hour before i start, then reduce the temp.
xxx

The therapist who had the beauty room before me still used the old way of putting the excess hot wax going back into the pot...I think this is how all waxing used to be done years ago....the hairs were filtered out...beyond gross, my point is that waxing is so much more hygenic now than it ever has been, and that using a sterilised metal spatular IMO is perfectly acceptable as long as you dont go over the same area more than once. Every morning I put both my wax pots on, then wack up the heat to high for half an hour before i start, then reduce the temp.
xxx

I believe that can actually ruin some waxes though can't it? Just going on something I've read...

And just because something was acceptable doesn't mean new science can't prove it was risky and therefor improve the processes we use? :) Maybe in 6-12 months we'll have a study out stating superbugs can survive the high wax temp etc and it'll be single dip wood all the way :) Personally I don't think the extra cost is high enough to worry me - I'd rather be certain :) After all... even Dettol only kills 99.9% of KNOWN germs ;)

Latest posts

Back