Mica powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi LBT

I may have put it or the gelish coat on too thick, I did use a super small brush but as it was black I used first I may have put on too much to get the density in colour, any tips for getting it neat at the cuticle?? Thanx

Bo
It's funny mine was randomly under cured in some areas of some nails As well, I absolutely love the effect of the mica and want to get it right.xx

Him,ladies, I've just ordered a 24 lot of mica from eBay and I'm so excited, I had a couple already but non of the nicer colours, I can't wait to have a go and all your pics are making me hope the postman comes quickly lol

Just to let everyone know that The Colour Shack are bringing (or may have already brought out) a Black Pearl collection which are for colour changing other colours (for want of a better description) The colours in the pots look all white with one black but they have different effects to them, e.g. red, blue, green etc.

I have this collection and I think it will give a two tone effect to gel polish base colours although I have yet to try them out properly.

Mines arrived so had a quick play... Then out it away as client due but she has just cancelled so think I may just grab daughter after lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350296555.027550.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350296555.027550.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 506
Also don't know how you store your mica pots but found these in hobbycraft perfect fit for them :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350302471.373749.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350302471.373749.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 463
Also don't know how you store your mica pots but found these in hobbycraft perfect fit for them :)

Thanks for the tip, that's brilliant :)

I use them for glitter :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350363158.737758.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350363158.737758.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 491
Just to let everyone know that The Colour Shack are bringing (or may have already brought out) a Black Pearl collection which are for colour changing other colours (for want of a better description) The colours in the pots look all white with one black but they have different effects to them, e.g. red, blue, green etc.

I have this collection and I think it will give a two tone effect to gel polish base colours although I have yet to try them out properly.

Are these for sale on eBay yet do you know?

I think tho not 100% that you do the black.. Then add white, then colour??

I must admit was bit confused too

I'm still unclear whether you would layer both micas on the same dispersion layer, or would you add in another coat of a clear gel/shellac in between?

I would think it would be simpler to just do the 'interference' whites over say Blackpool Shellac to get the same effect?

I'm still unclear whether you would layer both micas on the same dispersion layer, or would you add in another coat of a clear gel/shellac in between?

I would think it would be simpler to just do the 'interference' whites over say Blackpool Shellac to get the same effect?

Hey :)

Just about to order some mica powders from the colour shack and was wondering if anyone ever tried the magic black powder and interference whites and how they did it in the end?

x

Hello there. I'm going to place an order tonight for some mica powders from the colour shack and I was wondering what ones you ladies would recommend to start off with. I can't afford to get the set of 20 yet but was wondering which of the smaller sets you would recommend. I work with gelish and shellac and I'm not sure whether to go for colours like tutti frutti or the black pearl range which can be layered? What do you honk? which

Hello there. I'm going to place an order tonight for some mica powders from the colour shack and I was wondering what ones you ladies would recommend to start off with. I can't afford to get the set of 20 yet but was wondering which of the smaller sets you would recommend. I work with gelish and shellac and I'm not sure whether to go for colours like tutti frutti or the black pearl range which can be layered? What do you honk? which

I have the purple collection. Love it!! Have others from there too but that collection is my favourite :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

These are some of the micas I have from the colourshack over cream puff shellac, would the colours look different over black?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
I'm busting to get neon micas too! :(

Anyone know where to get neons?

Hi how di I mix mica with my clear acrylic powder . I only do acrylics yet . So what's the ratio and what else can I do with these mica pigments .any help appericiated x

I'm busting to get neon micas too! :(

Anyone know where to get neons?

Just re-bumping this thread, has anyone found any true neon micas for sale?

These aren't true neons as I'm in the States but wanted to share anyway. I purchased a "neon" eyeshadow palette from Coastal Scents. Well pleased with the how they turned out, especially for the price. Very reasonable.

Coastal Scents: Creative Me #1 Palette

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 333

Latest posts

Back