Mica powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Did you do just one coat of white, cure then rub the powders into the dispersion layer???

Powdered pearls sounds lovely, can I borrow it?

Yes just one coat cure then brush on powder. It goes on fab, so smooth :)

Yes of course you can

Just to let you know my powders came today, can't believe it so quick love both the names now I can't decide lol xxx

Yes just one coat cure then brush on powder. It goes on fab, so smooth :)

Yes of course you can
Fankooooooo xxxxx

I have mica powders and I use them in my clear builder gels to make colored gels for art. These are more of a permenant art than what soak off gels would give. You can also apply them with a makeup brush to the sticky layer of gel polishes. When top coating though, use a bit more to float over the powders so it doesn't crackle. I've had my mica powders crackle if I don't use enough top coat.

After seeing Fee01's lovely nails yesterday I have ordered some of the mica powders. I just wondered if you were to advertise them what would they be called?? As in gelish and glitter=Rockstars. Any ideas x

Awww shucks!!!! (blush). Thank you for such a lovely compliment. You've made my year. Xx

I've been calling them 'custom colours' and they have been really popular. xx

I've decided to run a Facebook competition to give it a name. See what my lively clients come up with, mainly cause I can't decide LOL.

Do you all charge the same for these as you do rockstar? Xxx

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

where do you get them from?

just looks like fine glitter actually, am it right?

just looks like fine glitter actually, am it right?

No it's a really fine powder. I don't know how to post a link so hopefully someone else will help me out :)

Awww shucks!!!! (blush). Thank you for such a lovely compliment. You've made my year. Xx

Ahh you're welcome xx

There are loads of different ones/colours on eBay so I don't know if these are the best or not but they worked for me. And they were really fast delivery.

xx

Last edited by a moderator:
There are loads of different ones/colours on eBay so I don't know if these are the best or not but they worked for me. And they were really fast delivery.

xx
Thank you
I've ordered the pastels and the pearls, can't wait!! :)
Sarah x

I have mica powders and I use them in my clear builder gels to make colored gels for art. These are more of a permenant art than what soak off gels would give. You can also apply them with a makeup brush to the sticky layer of gel polishes. When top coating though, use a bit more to float over the powders so it doesn't crackle. I've had my mica powders crackle if I don't use enough top coat.
What ratio do you use with the builder gels? do they mix up ok? do they store ok?
Thanks xx

I ordered the warm tones and summer colours. Have just been looking at the glitter ones too...

I ordered the warm tones and summer colours. Have just been looking at the glitter ones too...

Let us know how you get on with the other ones. Well done for doing the link! xx

Would love to see pictures of everyone's 'powdered' nails lol.

Let us know how you get on with the other ones. Well done for doing the link! xx

Would love to see pictures of everyone's 'powdered' nails lol.

Here's mine! Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334526813.020984.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334526813.020984.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 1,295
Wendy did you use white under these or colour shellac/gelish? Xx

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back