Mica powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmo

Reaction score
After seeing Fee01's lovely nails yesterday I have ordered some of the mica powders. I just wondered if you were to advertise them what would they be called?? As in gelish and glitter=Rockstars. Any ideas x

After seeing Fee01's lovely nails yesterday I have ordered some of the mica powders. I just wondered if you were to advertise them what would they be called?? As in gelish and glitter=Rockstars. Any ideas x

I'll be interested in this to as I ordered mine yesterday aswell.Xx

Hmmm I'm not sure, I've dine them with eyeshadow a few times and clients have just called them an alternative Rockstar, not very imaginative I know. They are quite pastel like in colour so maybe a play on that.

Wow only ordered mine yesterday and I've already got them :) happy weekend.Xx

I have just ordered mine lol just need to know how you use them lol has anyone done a tutorial? Xxx

I have just ordered mine lol just need to know how you use them lol has anyone done a tutorial? Xxx

Exactly the same way you do Rockstars apparently ;)

I'm gonna call them "powder puff nails" as it sounds cute and girlie

I'm gonna try them out with hard gel and I was told they work best scrubbed into white (gel or shellac) so gonna have a little play at the weekend if I get time x

Where did you order your powders from? x

eBay I followed the link I had seen some other pictures. I thought they looked nice. I do loads of rockstars, so should be ok. When I read on eBay they said you mix with water lolx

eBay I followed the link I had seen some other pictures. I thought they looked nice. I do loads of rockstars, so should be ok. When I read on eBay they said you mix with water lolx

You mix them with water for use in craft projects. If you're using them with Shellac or Gelish you just rub it over the sticky layer (I do it over white) and top coat just like rockstars. I tried the pink over white (comes out pink obviously!) and also over Purple Purple and it comes out a lovely lilac sort of colour. If you had the time I think you'd have loads of variations trying mica over different base colours! X

That's sounds great can't wait for them to come now xx

Ooooo I love them!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334411194.815109.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334411194.815109.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 2,325
Thanks for posting the pic. Your own nails are lovely too!

I ordered some too and was thinking of calling mine "Rainbow Nails" :)

They are lush! Haven't had a chance to try mine yet.
Rainbow nails sounds fantasic.Xx

Ooooo I love them!!

Lovely!! Did you do them with gel or shellac? And did you put the powders over colour base or white base????

Thanks xx

Lovely!! Did you do them with gel or shellac? And did you put the powders over colour base or white base????

Thanks xx

I used gelish. For the very light ones I used Sheek white as a base then the others I used the closest gelish match xx

I'm thinking of calling mine 'powdered pearls' x

I used gelish. For the very light ones I used Sheek white as a base then the others I used the closest gelish match xx

Thanks. Did you do just one coat of white, cure then rub the powders into the dispersion layer???

Powdered pearls sounds lovely, can I borrow it?

Latest posts

Back