Mica powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I have been reading through this thread with interest....

I am a 10 yr nail tech and used to be a very active member on here.

Can I just say how fab the nails are with the mica on firstly, and can I also say that if you get yours from the Colour Shack - cosmetic grade collections, that is exactly what you get.

I was interested in them a few weeks ago (I now have every collection) and I have spoken to the lady and seen her certificates and insurance and she is very ligit and would only supply cosmetic grade if that is what you have ordered. Hope this eases any fears over getting a lesser grade product. Just check out her "ME" page on ebay to see her safety assessments etc xx

Happy Mica'ing peeps xx

Last edited:
Hi, I have been reading through this thread with interest....

I am a 10 yr nail tech and used to be a very active member on here.

Can I just say how fab the nails are with the mica on firstly, and can I also say that if you get yours from the Colour Shack - cosmetic grade collections, that is exactly what you get.

I was interested in them a few weeks ago (I now have every collection) and I have spoken to the lady and seen her certificates and insurance and she is very ligit and would only supply cosmetic grade if that is what you have ordered. Hope this eases any fears over getting a lesser grade product. Just check out her "ME" page on ebay to see her safety assessments etc xx

Happy Mica'ing peeps xx

Just to add to this, she has also very kindly emailed me over all the MSDS for each of the colours I have purchased. They are the best company I have ever dealt with on eBay. She's also in the middle of mixing up new colours to add to the collection :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Just to add to this, she has also very kindly emailed me over all the MSDS for each of the colours I have purchased. They are the best company I have ever dealt with on eBay. She's also in the middle of mixing up new colours to add to the collection :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Excellent! How do I find her on eBay? Thanks x

Ordered mine today from this seller...can't wait to get playing :D

Ooooo thanks for that link cant wait for mine to be delivered :D

Some shellac mica wheels

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346184517.644660.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346184517.644660.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 479
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346184573.246951.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346184573.246951.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 416
I use gellux & have had a play with some mica powders I had
On the left is black onyx with a shimmery green dragged from the free edge up the nail & on the right lemon ice with bright pink from free edge dragged up the nail, which has come out a gorgeous orangey colour fade!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346186397.070768.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346186397.070768.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 353
How easy is it to do a colour fade ladies? ive always wanted to colour fade but ive tried with nail polish, gel and a sponge and failed. I reckon Mica would work alot easier?

Ive not purchased yet but i sure will.

Did i see NYX eye shimmer powder picture earlier in thread? are they good to use as i have a few in my make up kit :) xx

How easy is it to do a colour fade ladies? ive always wanted to colour fade but ive tried with nail polish, gel and a sponge and failed. I reckon Mica would work alot easier?

Ive not purchased yet but i sure will.

Did i see NYX eye shimmer powder picture earlier in thread? are they good to use as i have a few in my make up kit :) xx

Very easy!! I've been struggling to do a decent consistent colour fade, I patted the colour along the free edge, then with a clean, dry, soft brush dragged the powder lightly up the nail x

I did this on myself for the release of Dark Knight Rises a few weeks ago. I cut out a small stencil for the bat, and then just brushed a little pigment on top and bottom to frame it. Was dead easy.

It's Shellac in Fedora, with a silvery white pearl loose powder eyeshadow.

It lasted just like normal Shellac. I've also played with Barry M Dazzle Dusts and other loose eyeshadows. they all seem to work fine. Although I did notice that this particular one started to take on the colour of the shellac a bit, so it started showing a slight lilac tone after a few days from the Fedora underneath.

309459_10150947159832686_238838376_n.jpg

I did this on myself for the release of Dark Knight Rises a few weeks ago. I cut out a small stencil for the bat, and then just brushed a little pigment on top and bottom to frame it. Was dead easy.

It's Shellac in Fedora, with a silvery white pearl loose powder eyeshadow.

It lasted just like normal Shellac. I've also played with Barry M Dazzle Dusts and other loose eyeshadows. they all seem to work fine. Although I did notice that this particular one started to take on the colour of the shellac a bit, so it started showing a slight lilac tone after a few days from the Fedora underneath.

309459_10150947159832686_238838376_n.jpg

Love this!! Myself & a couple of friends have a batman addiction gong on at the moment so this would be just perfect!!! Lol x

Well after having a little play about today, I think I have the knack.
6 of the colours are from the colour shack tutti frutti range and the other 12 are eye-shadow pigment that were in my make-up kit that I bought ages ago and forgot I had....duh!!!
Here's a picture of the colour pops I did today :D

Attachments

• 422880_441797052525429_1143619850_n.jpg
    422880_441797052525429_1143619850_n.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 552
wow!! those colours just 'pop'!!! :D

Do you think ALL eye shadows would work? Ive got so many that i haven't used, also what about blushes and bronzes for some autumn shades.......

I am finding it hard to get the micas to go on evenly over a white base, I have played around with them over a black base coat and a white coat and they go perfectly evenly over black but look patchy over the white. Does anyone have any advice.

I am finding it hard to get the micas to go on evenly over a white base, I have played around with them over a black base coat and a white coat and they go perfectly evenly over black but look patchy over the white. Does anyone have any advice.

Have you tried over a barely there pink instead? I did a pale pink and champagne colour mica and did it over a base of 2 coats of shellac moonlight and roses and it worked better than when I put it over studio white. I've attached a pic of the colour pops. Hth

Have you tried over a barely there pink instead? I did a pale pink and champagne colour mica and did it over a base of 2 coats of shellac moonlight and roses and it worked better than when I put it over studio white. I've attached a pic of the colour pops. Hth

Thank you they are lovely, what about the greens and blues, should I try and put them over the same colour base as the mica. As they look so different over a black base as opposed to the white base, I would like to see them with a pale base.

6y4upyna.jpg
4agu6e7a.jpg

My first go at Mica powders with Shellac.... Only on feet not fingers.
I'm fairly pleased. Defiantly need more colours I can see this becoming more addictive!!! Xx

Latest posts

Back