Mica powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 46991 these are CND Shellac with CND Black Additives applied with a fanbrush

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I saw similar to these in Scratch magazine and wanted to try them out but my client wanted a light colour - it just didn't have the same effect :( they look fab tho!!

Glamour Fairy :)

Mica powders....wow what fantastic colours and a little goes a looonnnnggggggg way x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389134234.507562.jpg

Bigger picture....ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389134338.936639.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389134315.621315.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389134315.621315.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 271
They're lovely where did you get them?

Those in Little Tinkers pic are from Gnarly Nails inc - known as The Colour Shack on eBay. I have a lot of their mica powders - they're lovely! xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Those in Little Tinkers pic are from Gnarly Nails inc - known as The Colour Shack on eBay. I have a lot of their mica powders - they're lovely! xx

Thank you :)

I've had my brights collection for a while now and up until yesterday only used them on colour pops. I was lucky enough to get the starter shellac kit for crimbo, so not only the first time using shellac but also the pigments. I have to say I love them both. I did Blackpool with a blue pigment fade. Will try and put a picture on but don't have much luck with that. Can't wait for shellac brings them back now in a couple weeks xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389178418.918808.jpg
Not the clearest pic but these are Blackpool with purple mica powder from the colour shack x I love them

Yes your bang on these are the pretty in pink selection x

They are from fleebay, the-colour-shack. I have all her collection, over 100+ :green: x

Maybe a bit of a daft question but how do you advertise it? I mean when using shellac and CND Additives you can say call them "shellac + additives" but these aren't additives so can't really call them that. Or is it just me having a blonde moment 😉

Maybe a bit of a daft question but how do you advertise it? I mean when using shellac and CND Additives you can say call them "shellac + additives" but these aren't additives so can't really call them that. Or is it just me having a blonde moment 😉

I would still call it additives, just not CND. To me additive means adding something ;), so you are not misleading x

I would still call it additives, just not CND. To me additive means adding something ;), so you are not misleading x

Yeah true. Thanks for that xx

Love all these powders, but I just can't get gelish to last when using them, it always starts to peel off in a couple of days?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did my nails the other day with shellac Blackpool and did a fade with the blue from the brights collection which I love. My question to you experienced mica powder users is this - my daughter wanted the same last night but instead of blue wanted pink, and wanted extra length so I did sculptures using calgel and used calgel black. So everything was fine until I top coated them and turned from pink to blue. Exactly the same blue as my 'blue' ones. Is that because I put it over black? And does different brands have different effects? Any advise appreciated xx

Hey guys I've been reading through this thread and noticed quite a few people who are having trouble with the mica nails chipping after a couple of days with shellac. Has anyone found a way to combat that??? I've bought some Mica from the colour shack and want to go into using it with the nails not chipping haha :)

Bump?? Can anyone answer???

Hey guys I've been reading through this thread and noticed quite a few people who are having trouble with the mica nails chipping after a couple of days with shellac. Has anyone found a way to combat that??? I've bought some Mica from the colour shack and want to go into using it with the nails not chipping haha :)

You need to leave sort of a margin around the mica powder...so don't put the powder on the free edge and try and leave a small lines worth around all the nail for the shellac to cure onto...if the nail is all covered with nothing for the shellac to cure onto it will chip or not last as long x

You need to leave sort of a margin around the mica powder...so don't put the powder on the free edge and try and leave a small lines worth around all the nail for the shellac to cure onto...if the nail is all covered with nothing for the shellac to cure onto it will chip or not last as long x

Brilliant thank you very much Hun!!!

Latest posts

Back