Mica powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like too much mica, I have been using them for a long time and I find the application is very hit and miss. Too much mica and the next gel layer won't bond to the mica layer. Mica won't cure when mixed with gel either, as the light can't penetrate.

You need to build up the colour rather than trying to get all the mica on in one layer, very thin application is key and float the clear gel over rather than getting it mixed up with the mica underneath as this will inhibit the curing, some micas are high in oxides, which will prevent curing completely, dark colours are more prone to this.

I only use mine with L&P now.

Hth. Rachel.

Sounds like too much mica, I have been using them for a long time and I find the application is very hit and miss. Too much mica and the next gel layer won't bond to the mica layer. Mica won't cure when mixed with gel either, as the light can't penetrate.

You need to build up the colour rather than trying to get all the mica on in one layer, very thin application is key and float the clear gel over rather than getting it mixed up with the mica underneath as this will inhibit the curing, some micas are high in oxides, which will prevent curing completely, dark colours are more prone to this.

I only use mine with L&P now.

Hth. Rachel.

Thanks. I'll give it another go on family and see how they get on

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394449065.354473.jpg

*~*~*~* Saucy Sweetheart *~*~*~*

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394838923.937692.jpg I've had a play around with my mica pigments today from the colour shack, this is the brights collection and the summer lovin range. Such pretty colours :) Xx

I've had a little play with mine too. I did my first set of nails on wed using the black mica over ibd black lava. It was a bit messy and my client got powder stuck in her side walls etc a little but I advised her it would wash off :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399665882.469852.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399665900.875152.jpg

hi i have been using micas for a while now,they dont seem to last as long as normal.the free edge is showing after a few days.i watched a video on youtube and she said she always applies mica to the top coat and it lasts much longer.im yet to try this yet! i have a client that wants mica with a glitter tip,i cant think how im going to do this :/ maybe add a coat of zillionaire on top of mica then glitter the tip.any advice would be appreciated

hi i have been using micas for a while now,they dont seem to last as long as normal.the free edge is showing after a few days.i watched a video on youtube and she said she always applies mica to the top coat and it lasts much longer.im yet to try this yet! i have a client that wants mica with a glitter tip,i cant think how im going to do this :/ maybe add a coat of zillionaire on top of mica then glitter the tip.any advice would be appreciated

Yes, that would be a perfect way of doing it. Encapsulate the mica with a layer of zillionaire (I normally use Clearly Pink for mine) then apply a glitter tip into the tacky layer, then top coat xxx

Ah thanks for replying.i havent got clearly pink yet, I think I will order some to try! :) xx

View attachment 59049 I've had a play around with my mica pigments today from the colour shack, this is the brights collection and the summer lovin range. Such pretty colours :) Xx

They look so bright! I have this collection but they dont seem to pop quite as much as yours! What colour are they used on top of? X

Latest posts

Back