Micro beads disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anna1994

Reaction score
Hi :cool:

I had micro beads in for about 4 months
After the first month I noticed I was getting huge nots in my hair very near to the scalp so when I took them out 3 months later half of my hair was a HUGE KNOT !!! It took me a whole bottle of conditioner and half an hour to sort it out and when I did half of my hair was gone...
How to prevent this ?
Do the extensions nearer the scalp?
Helpp

hi hon i dont do micro beads (im a pre bond girl just now) what aftercare advise were you given?
did you seperate them throughout each day and brush/comb them with a proper brush through the time they were in? and i mean right up at the root..... matting happens when free hair becomes wrapped around the top of the extensions when they are not being seperated and combed out regularly. were you diligent about rinsing any products out your hair?
also the need regular maintenence so the extensonist can become aware of such problems and correct them, 4 months is far too long to go without maintenence! If you noticed this at 1 month really should have called the person who fitted them to sort the problem out and give you more in depth advice.
xxx

hi hon i dont do micro beads (im a pre bond girl just now) what aftercare advise were you given?
did you seperate them throughout each day and brush/comb them with a proper brush through the time they were in? and i mean right up at the root..... matting happens when free hair becomes wrapped around the top of the extensions when they are not being seperated and combed out regularly. were you diligent about rinsing any products out your hair?
also the need regular maintenence so the extensonist can become aware of such problems and correct them, 4 months is far too long to go without maintenence! If you noticed this at 1 month really should have called the person who fitted them to sort the problem out and give you more in depth advice.
xxx
No i was only told to use good conditioner, its impossible to comb the hair properly beacuse of the micro rings they get caught in the brush, i noticed when they were done that they were more than a centimeter away from my scalp i taught thats why it happened..what brush would you reccomend as the micro rings are really hard to brush
thanks alot x

imo you should have been advised to use extension shampoo and conditioner aswell as heat protection spray and protein spray, aswell as advised on brushes and seperating the bonds.

hopefully a micro ring extensionist will advise on a brush, i use tangle teasers on pre bonds but i dont know if the advise is the same for micro rings. didnt want to read and run!! xxx

Latest posts

Back