Micro-Bonds will they hold as good as regular bonds?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those look great astarstyle what kind of hair is that?

Thanks very much hun... believe it or not this particular hair is from Halo! Not only that but this is the second time fitting of the same hair! Not a brand I usually use but the lady in the pics is a friend and fellow extensionist and wanted to 'road test' some Halo hair and I must say I am more impressed than I thought I would be. I have adjusted (rebonded) the hair but the quality itself was pretty ok considering she washes and straightens nearly every day.

x

Astarstyle how much hair did you use for the pictures? Thanks x

Wish I knew how to quote multiple people in the same post lol

Hi glammymammy, this particular fitting was about 160 bonds.... Halo claim that their bonds are 1 gram (not sure every one of them are but...) and a few were split to make smaller upper bonds. Hth x

Thanks for taking the time to reply :) I hope that one day I will have some great pictures like that ;)

Thanks very much hun... believe it or not this particular hair is from Halo! Not only that but this is the second time fitting of the same hair! Not a brand I usually use but the lady in the pics is a friend and fellow extensionist and wanted to 'road test' some Halo hair and I must say I am more impressed than I thought I would be. I have adjusted (rebonded) the hair but the quality itself was pretty ok considering she washes and straightens nearly every day.

x

I've heard their bonds are difficult to remove, how did you find removing them?

The finished hair looks fab by the way x

Thanks for taking the time to reply :) I hope that one day I will have some great pictures like that ;)

If you have passion and attention for detail in your work I am sure you will very soon... Clients satisfaction is what makes it all worth while for me rather than making a quick buck and that is what sets us above the cowboys in this industry.

Put some photos up.... I'm sure you'd get some great feed back x

Hi SteffiMc... sorry have not posted back sooner... crazy weekend. I think the two best tips I can give for blending is,
1) if you are not using double drawn, thick to end hair then have a good look at what you've got.... if it's very tapered use it in the upper layers... you'd be surprised at how much time, work and wastage this saves. Much less blending needed as most of it is already done lol,
and 2) Brush, shake and step back! it's very easy to over razor and, not only make the hair look worse but, undo all of your hard work. Take a minute, see how the hair is falling and you'll then see exactly where needs attention.

I know they sound pretty obvious but I find them a good way to save me time with optimum results.

Hth x

Bless ya with all these replies lol. Thank you, I'm not a newbie as such just haven't done it in a while and retrained. I just want to be great at it! One thing I've noticed also is sometimes I have to thin the underneath layers of the clients own hair,as I can't place the bonds too low due to them being seen when hair is up I sometimes notice when looking face on depending on how their hair is sat I can just notice their own hair underneath. Can you or anyone else help with this? Nobody else can really see it just me but it bugs me. Thanks in advance xx

Always trim them down... in fact I have taken to trimming and thinning them (especially italian keratin as it's so good) also whether ultrasonic or hot fusion. Makes a lovely, small hard and neat bond and stays in place for as long as required. I know it's a little more prep work but it certainly is worth it! x
Hi there Astarstyle, I was hopin to pick your brains please! You started a thread on the best extension suppliers and can I just say, Thank you so much, you've no idea how helpful it was for a newbie like me. Your pictures are amazing and that's what I want to ask about. In training we were told to leave a combs width inbetween rows however I notice you don't do this, which is obviously why yr hair looks so lovely and thick. We were told this would cause matting, do you find the hair copes ok without the row of loose hair between? Also, if yr not leaving hair in between do you not use a lot more bonds? I recently did a friend who had mountains if hair and even leaving half a combs width in between I was 197 bonds of Crleb Elite! When you say you split the bonds for crown and hairline area, do you mean down the middle? Making a 1g strand into two 0.5g's? Sorry for all the questions but I'm thinking my trainer forgot to tell us quite a few things!! xx

Hi there Astarstyle, I was hopin to pick your brains please! You started a thread on the best extension suppliers and can I just say, Thank you so much, you've no idea how helpful it was for a newbie like me. Your pictures are amazing and that's what I want to ask about. In training we were told to leave a combs width inbetween rows however I notice you don't do this, which is obviously why yr hair looks so lovely and thick. We were told this would cause matting, do you find the hair copes ok without the row of loose hair between? Also, if yr not leaving hair in between do you not use a lot more bonds? I recently did a friend who had mountains if hair and even leaving half a combs width in between I was 197 bonds of Crleb Elite! When you say you split the bonds for crown and hairline area, do you mean down the middle? Making a 1g strand into two 0.5g's? Sorry for all the questions but I'm thinking my trainer forgot to tell us quite a few things!! xx

Hi Lyndsey... sorry I have not replied sooner, absolutely manic my end at the minute. Just wanted to let you know that I will reply properly in the morning after a little sleep, I tend to waffle when tired. Definitely tomorrow but didn't want you to think I am not going to bother. :)

x

Morning Lyndsey... I am a little more refreshed and less frazzled now, haha.

To be honest my bond placement differs from head to head depending on what's in front of me such as head size/shape, hair density both under and above the occipital bone and around the crown/sides etc, how the natural hair is cut/falls and what look the client is after as well as which method I am using to apply but no, my clients don't have anymore problems with matting when no loose hair is left in between rows than when it is.

As long as your clients are going through their bonds regularly, carrying out their aftercare as instructed and coming for regular maintenance appointments then they shouldn't experience any matting issues. Oh and you have to be meticulous about crossed hairs during application but I'm sure you already are :hug:

Yes, when I split my bonds for close to the crown or sides... sometimes even around the hair line underneath if I think the clients hair needs it.... I split them down the middle to form two smaller separate bonds. Also means you don't have to faff around ordering packs of different sizes when you may not even need that many so it can save you money too.

I also trim some of the length off the bond too to get the smallest neatest bonds I can but don't take too much as you want them to last still.

Hope that has helped you, anything else just give me a shout x

Latest posts

Back