Micro-Bonds will they hold as good as regular bonds?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glammymammy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to the business and I was thinking of trying micro-bonds from hotloshair but just wondering has anyone used these? Will they last as long if the amount of keratin less. They are sold in 1gram strands.

Thanks for any help x

When you say micro bonds, do you mean pre tipped 'I' tip or 'stick tip' hair installed using micro rings?

Hi there,

I mean the pre-tipped u-shape hair. They say that their bonds are mini 9mm or something like that. I was wondering if you used these as opposed to regular bonds would they last the same length of time with a neater bond or do you think they might loosed quicker.

Does anyone trim the pre-tipped bonds themselves for the same effect? :)

I cant see it would be a problem for longevity, that is the sort of size we cut ours down to anyway.

The bonds on the hair we use is italian keratin, and they stay in really well regardless of the size we make the bond

Does anyone trim the pre-tipped bonds themselves for the same effect? :)

always - i hate big bonds!!! i always trim them down to about 8/9mm and never had a problem :D xxx

Always trim them down... in fact I have taken to trimming and thinning them (especially italian keratin as it's so good) also whether ultrasonic or hot fusion. Makes a lovely, small hard and neat bond and stays in place for as long as required. I know it's a little more prep work but it certainly is worth it! x

Here are a few pics of a fitting with with trimmed and thinned bonds, originally nail tips... much neater than left as they were:

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Here are a few pics of a fitting with with trimmed and thinned bonds, originally nail tips... much neater than left as they were:

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Your extensions are lovely x

Thank you very much x

I've personally used I-Tip with Micro-rings and they seemed last about 2 months without needing to be pushed back up. The only problem I noticed was the naturally shed hair was still in the micro-ring so when they eventually came out the client had a full on panic attack thinking she was losing a ton of hair. But the added stress of the heavy hair did cause a little breakage. :) Happy hair!

Those look great astarstyle what kind of hair is that?

Great thanks everyone for the advice :)

I will get trimming on those bonds Thanks. How do I know if it is Italian keratin? Do I ask the supplier?

Astarstyle: Wow the hair is fabulous so natural thaks for posting x

Astarstyle how much hair did you use for the pictures? Thanks x

Hey sorry I just checked the hotloxs website again and the bonds are 4mm not 9mm like I had previously said my mistake sorry....is 4mm still okay to last 3-4 months?

Thanks x

I alway trim a bond dwn in width
But trimming in length is wot I call micro bond,
I only use micro bonds around hairline and if I need any above the crown (not as noticeable)
Iv never thought of using micro bond all over!
Do u need to use more hair as 2 strands would b like bonding 1
Have I made sense? Lol
Like if using the same amount of hair won't it look thiner?
Or do u just take tiny sec for each bond?
Sorry if a sound confused.com lol

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Oh these r really nice hun :) x

Hi Beckstar,

The micro-bonds from hotloxs are 4mm and I think they are to be used all over the head....I am just worried if it has less of a bond then their is more risk of shedding etc. Do you mean you always cut your bonds in half (length ways)?

Hey Astar any blending tips for a newbie x

Hi SteffiMc... sorry have not posted back sooner... crazy weekend. I think the two best tips I can give for blending is,
1) if you are not using double drawn, thick to end hair then have a good look at what you've got.... if it's very tapered use it in the upper layers... you'd be surprised at how much time, work and wastage this saves. Much less blending needed as most of it is already done lol,
and 2) Brush, shake and step back! it's very easy to over razor and, not only make the hair look worse but, undo all of your hard work. Take a minute, see how the hair is falling and you'll then see exactly where needs attention.

I know they sound pretty obvious but I find them a good way to save me time with optimum results.

Hth x

Latest posts

Back