Micro Ring extension help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helen780cat

Reaction score
Hi im new to this site
iam currently training to be a hairdresser have just about completed my 1st year and have also done a hair extension course.
I need a little help with a client.
I fitted her with some micro ring extensions 3 weeks ago - they looked fab and she was happy, she waa given all aftercare advice verbally and on a sheet with her aftercare products and brush.
However a week later she messaged me saying that the extensions had gone stiff - and that she had used lots of the conditionersm, so this made me think she was using too much as did hair planet (this is where i putchased the hair and aftercare products) so went through aftercare with her again and told her to let me know if she had any more problems
she then messaged again a few days later saying she had lost 9 extensions, i asked her if it was still stiff and she said just at the roots it was a bit strange she wasnt great with the info! hair planet said they would test the hair if we felf there was a fault which i told her and said i would come and see her today to put them back in and wash it and style it with her 1, so i can see it for myself and 2 so that i can show her how to do it! hadnt heard anything from her so asked her if she still wanted me to come over (i was doing this at no charge!) and she said she couldnt do today! then went on to say another 7 have come out and that she has to wear her hair up to make it look natural coz its gone thin etc, i have offered to remove them, put them back in and even change them to pre-bonded if she wanted i havent heard back feels like she is after a refund - which i didnt charge her much mainly for the hair and products (sorry this is long) what can i do??? :( its kept me awake all night thinking about it Thanks xx :sad:
Also asked her to send me a couple of them to send for testing which she hasnt done! i really donet know what to do for the best x

Last edited:
Explain that you have to see them to test them if she is not willing to co operate there's nothing you can do. Dont offer a refund explain it is procedure to view the hair, remove it and have it tested. Is she using correct aftercare products, sounds like lack of moisture or too much heat xx

she says she has only used the priducts i supplied which was shampoo, conditioner and leave in conditioner, she hasnt replied to me since my last message when i said id change them for prebonds thanks iam also thinking its def aftercare and that she has found it difficult to look after them! thank you for your reply i will perservere i have given her pklenty of options to choose from, iam newly qualified so havent done lots and lots. hoping it gets sorted with out too much trouble. xx

Last edited:
Hi helen, it sounds like you have been very professional and tried to help her as much as possible. Micro Rings are prone to come out more thats the downfall of them. Sometimes a client can be doing everything right but it may come down to a client having naturally very oily hair. If she isnt willing to send strands for testing ect than shes got something to hide in my opinion. I personally think she probably has decided she cant be bothered with them, hasnt took to them and wants her money back. Unfortunately we are not a charity case if someone simply dosent like them then thats not the extensionists fault. I do think shes trying it on. You have done all you can, forget about it and get a good nights sleep :) x

Thank you sooooooo much! it is driving me mad but yep i totally agree with you.
Im leaving it at that with her she is definately not having her money back i have tried everything i can and been nothing but helpful to her.
:) so glad i posted now you know when you start to question yourself!
Thanks guys - i can see this site being very valuble to me now have had a look through and the help and info is great nice for a bit of support xxx

Latest posts

Back