Quantcast

Micro ring extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

samathiyy

Reaction score
Does anyone do these?
I've found a course on groupon that I fancy doing with a friend and wondering if there's any money in this?
I'm actually a nail tech so have no training at all in hair but think I could possibly add this to my treatment menu.
Could anyone with experience give me some tips? Thanks!!

samathiyy

Reaction score

Roxybear

Reaction score
In the long run yes as you know it will take time to build a client base up though so don't give up if you don't feel like your not getting many client

LittleAngels

Reaction score
I do these in my salon I trained with studio 58 amazing training! There were a few people on the course that had no experience at all in hairdressing & although their fitting was easy to learn the blending afterwards was harder for them... Before I was trained in extensions I had a few clients come to me for blending because their technician couldn't do it but then that ended up costing them more & now we are trained we do it all so that technician has lost clients. There's defiantly a market for it so I'd do it but I'd advise you to practice on family & friends as much as poss! Good luck!

samathiyy

Reaction score
I do these in my salon I trained with studio 58 amazing training! There were a few people on the course that had no experience at all in hairdressing & although their fitting was easy to learn the blending afterwards was harder for them... Before I was trained in extensions I had a few clients come to me for blending because their technician couldn't do it but then that ended up costing them more & now we are trained we do it all so that technician has lost clients. There's defiantly a market for it so I'd do it but I'd advise you to practice on family & friends as much as poss! Good luck!
Thanks for this!! I've found a Wowcher for a half day course doing them which is interesting but I don't know whether its money well spent or not??

hairextension10

Reaction score
Could someone help me also lol? I've got a girl coming in for microloops and she has shoulder length hair it's really really thick. I usually use 0.6g Indian remy hair 200 strands but I'm worried it won't be enough what do you think??? X

jojemac

Reaction score
Thanks for this!! I've found a Wowcher for a half day course doing them which is interesting but I don't know whether its money well spent or not??
I wouldn't suggest booking that course if I'm honest, I saw it myself and thought, really?!

£39 for a half day course is never going to be good, I'd suggest researching reviews on the company who are running the course, there is no doubt a very good reason why it's so cheap.

ceecee71

Reaction score
I'd advise you to have a good look through the threads on this forum. The course you are looking at may be accredited for you to get insurance, many insurance companies ask for you to be a qualified hairdresser and there are lots of people o. Here who have done their courses and put out ads, Facebook etc and not done any clients! I think unless you've been doing it a long time or are attached to a hair salon it's proving very hard for newly qualified people to get work. If you are really passionate and determined it may be better but I'd say have a good look and read around. It's not as simple as it seems at first glacé. Good luck whatever you decide 😊

ceecee71

Reaction score
*may not be accredited. Lol.

S.H.E

Reaction score
You really should look into good training providers rather than these cheap courses, I cannot imagine how good the training would be for £39..

LocksOfLove

Reaction score
For £39 it also includes a kit and only 4 hours training 🙈 definitely not good enough...

Aphrodite26

Reaction score
I paid over £500 for my training. It was extensive and I don't think you can learn it in half a day. As the saying goes, pay cheap pay twice x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Wifey1612

Reaction score
Groupon is a big no no. If they were reputable they wouldn't be begging for business and offering it so cheap. 4 hours training plus a kit for £39? I think that says it all and more

samathiyy

Reaction score
Groupon is a big no no. If they were reputable they wouldn't be begging for business and offering it so cheap. 4 hours training plus a kit for £39? I think that says it all and more
I completely agree :) I'm not one to jump at things anyway hence why I'm doing my research first - didn't want to lose out but definitely can see why £39 isn't great. Will have to look at other options but it's given me the learning bug again!

LittleAngels

Reaction score
Completely agree with the others I payed over £500 for my course & it was 2 days! So much to learn impossible to learn in 4 hours! Do some research & stay away from cheap deals!

Latest posts