Micro-ring roots matting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missbabykane

Reaction score
Hi,
i did my first extensions on my sister a few weeks ago. when i went to do her maintanance, all the hair and bond sections are matted together between the micro-ring and the roots. like 4 seperate bonds have matted together. but the extensions themselves are fine (although the ends appear to have dried out).
I never left any gaps between the rows or the bonds, and i took ages to ensure my sections were neat. although, with it being my sister i did leave a few loose strands between bonds :S
what could be causing this. my sister seems to of followed the aftercare, so i can only asume it was something i did?
any advice on sectioning would be great!

Loose hair between bonds can tangle and cause matting so no matter who you're client is ensure you do a 100% job everytime.
Is she making sure she goes through and isolates the bonds each day? What kind of brush is she using?

Edited to check.... Do you mean ALL the bonds or just the 4, when I read again I got mega confused

I would say this is due to her not separating the rings xx

Loose hair between bonds can tangle and cause matting so no matter who you're client is ensure you do a 100% job everytime.
Is she making sure she goes through and isolates the bonds each day? What kind of brush is she using?

Edited to check.... Do you mean ALL the bonds or just the 4, when I read again I got mega confused

sorry i wasnt very clear. the whole head has matted together.
i've never been told to tell a client to seperate the bonds. i have extensions in my own hair and have never been told this either!
i did my taining with belle and i wont be going live until i do another course with someone else. i think they left alot out and theres so much more to learn! just mad i wasted £300 doing it with them!

Don't feel let down remember courses are there to teach the basics it's then practice that makes you perfect if things never went wrong you wouldn't learn from them,always separate bonds every couple of nights as when when washed and dry some can stick to each other etc xx

I also trained with belle but I was told about separating and isolating bonds, they told us about it whilst fitting/sectioning then again for aftercare advise.
Stray hairs crossing over and becoming tangled is the main cause of matting so it needs to be done every day.
When sectioning use a pintail comb to get clean sections

thanks everyone!
how do you seperate the bonds? should i be leaving a gap between each row?
i just dont know how i would fit a full head in if i was to leave a gap?

No no it's all about once they are in your clients should be separating then just going through them and making sure they aren't stuck together xx

No no it's all about once they are in your clients should be separating then just going through them and making sure they aren't stuck together xx
sorry i meant 'how do you section the bonds?'. should placing the rows directly on top of each other contribute to the matting?

I also trained with belle and wasn't told this (and loads of other important stuff lol)

Sorry I've just seen this, I have micro rings in at the minute and they are matting too! How should I unmatt them? I have a brush which I got given by her, but the the wire things are going in so doesn't really do much! Sorry for interrupting xx

It's the loose hair trapped in the bonds that will be matting,I don't know how far on your matting is but you should be running your fingers through your rows and separating your bonds by gently pulling them apart to keep loose hairs separated, I always fix any matted bonds at the clients maintence have you been getting maintence?x

It's the loose hair trapped in the bonds that will be matting,I don't know how far on your matting is but you should be running your fingers through your rows and separating your bonds by gently pulling them apart to keep loose hairs separated, I always fix any matted bonds at the clients maintence have you been getting maintence?x

I have been trying. It's not a lot, I'm scared it pulling hair out of my extension? Haha.. Ill sit in the morning and do it. She is meant to hav been changing it because it find match? I think one tone was too strawberry blonde - I'd like to add here in blonde so I'm pretty peeved! In my 7th week of waiting to have them changed! B due maintenance soon enough and I won't have had pretty hair by then!!

Also if you don't mind me asking what what can I use to make the extensions stay soft? Heat protection spray and anything else?xx

Because it doesnt match **

You have only had 7 weeks and they have matted already?ask her for full aftercare sheet,if you pull them apart it should just snap and not hurt or pull any natural hair from your head (only the loose hair that snaps) as it will be tangled together,if this doesnt work and they are to matted they will need removed and your hair unmatted and put back in,if you use a protein spay on them and an argan oil that should help stop them drying out as they don't have the natural oil from your head to keep them x

Latest posts

Back