Micro rings full head extensions - how many bonds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I'm newly qualified in micro rings and did a ladies hair who said she always has 250- 300 1g bonds in her hair and wanted that again- however I could only fit in 150 0.8g bonds, for a full head does this sound to less or average about right??
Thanks!

150 strands is an average full head, 250-300 1g is a lot, does she have really thick hair? Do you have any pics? X

150 strands is an average full head, 250-300 1g is a lot, does she have really thick hair? Do you have any pics? X

Thanks for reply :) I've offered her too pop back if she feels she needs more (but I'll have too see if I can fit any more) yeah I was always told when I've done training to use 150 for a full head of micro rings. I'm used to fusion bonds but have changed as found rings better for the hair- but I do find them quite hard to disguise the more you put in! Also wouldn't say she had thin hair but my hairs extra thick tbh so no ones hair does feel all that thick to me lol ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392881930.958188.jpg here's a pic I've got to trim around an inch off.x

I have a client with a seriously thick head of hair, I put in 200 1g strands and it's plenty! Yes, there's space to put more but it would just end up being far too heavy. I spread the strands out more (leave gaps between sections) and it blends in perfect!

I have a client with a seriously thick head of hair, I put in 200 1g strands and it's plenty! Yes, there's space to put more but it would just end up being far too heavy. I spread the strands out more (leave gaps between sections) and it blends in perfect!

Aww thank you! Makes me feel a little better. I don't want to over crowd her hair and put excess strain on it just for a few more bonds. I find extensions can always look a bit wispy more so on blonde at the ends especially when they are newly fitted as I find they look a little in natural and too shiny until a couple of washes - that may just be the hair I use though!xx

I agree you could maybe try fit a few more in, agree it is hard sometimes tho especially if people have a small head haha :D I agree they are better after a wash etc too, I find they fluff up and are a lot better when they aren't so soft, don't see how on earth her previous extension it's got 250-300 in tho that's crazy!! Xx

Extensions always look better after a few washes. They seem to thicken up. I'm sure the more extensions you do you will find ways of making room to add more extensions in. It is hard when clients have a small head lol x

I'm fairly new to it all to be honest, but I've always had cold fusion bonds myself and I have extra thick hair I get Nev from wonderful hair to do mine and he does a lot of people and always says I have the thickest and the max I've had is 200 -250 however she was adamant she wanted 300 micro rings so I ordered 250 (thinking I'll struggle) and said if you need more I'll order more and apply ASAP as we get next day delivery however I've put in 160 bonds and obv have nearly a 100 over and just said wash them and if they don't thicken up we will add more, she did say it's very long and she will have some cut off so I'm sure that will make it look thicker - hope so! Clients always know best though right?!!!

Well done looks thicker. Like you said maybe another packet or two to thicken it out with. I'd say a little more blending too - did the cover this on your course? Xx

Oh and if your mixing shades for a more natural look you could mix the colours and retip into one (this will come when your more confident so don't worry about it too much yet) xxx
Hey! I have just started out and I’m loving your feedback! Can I be a pain in the arse and ask what you mean by retip into one ?? Im trying to find out as much info as I can and this sounds interesting!! Thanks in advance, really appreciate some help/advice. Jess xx

For a full head of thick hair I use 8 packs of 25 x

Latest posts

Back