Micro rings help push up/refit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extensions86

Reaction score
Hello all, lovely ladies and gents!!!
I`ve been doing micro rings not really for long.
On my training I`ve been told the maintenance appointment is the extensions to be refit, row taken off and refitted, then next row etc.
I found many hair extensionists do just pushing them up, without combing out the death hair, replacing beads or taking more hair (because of the shed one already). I am really confused now. When do I do push ups and when refit?
Many thanks xx

You don’t do push ups. It’s such a lazy and damaging way to maintain hair extensions.
Just do as your training advises, remove, comb out shedding and refit with a new ring.

Yeah, I know that, but wonder why 90% of hair extensionists does that i thought there`s something I`m missing. :rolleyes:
I can see my question was viewed 110 times and just your reply yet, so I presume the others do push ups too? :rolleyes:
Thanks for replying xx

Sorry, you asked when do you do push ups and when do you do refits? So I assumed that’s what you were asking.

They do it because it’s quicker than removal and refit. No other reason and you aren’t missing anything It’s not good practise.

Doing 'push ups' is very damaging long term to your clients hair. It will cause alopecia and hairloss, which in some cases cannot be reversed. During maintenance it's best to remove a row/or two at a time. Re fit on a new area of hair. This will limit the risk of hairloss and traction alopecia. Follow what your tutor has taught you.

We fit alot of hair extensions micro rings and LA weaves. People choose us as i the past they have gone to tech's who 'push up'. The mess we have had to fix? the state of their hair? It's not worth it! Takes the client years to get their hair back up a to healthy scratch. Xx

I am not a hairdresser but when choosing where to have them done I went to someone who didn’t do push ups as I was trying to grow my hair so didn’t want it wrecked! :)

No one I know does ‘push ups’ in fact it’s pretty hard to actually push them up anyway especially after they have been in for a few months. Refit , remove ,comb out and replace with new ring [emoji1360]

Yeah, I know that, but wonder why 90% of hair extensionists does that i thought there`s something I`m missing. :rolleyes:
I can see my question was viewed 110 times and just your reply yet, so I presume the others do push ups too? :rolleyes:
Thanks for replying xx

90 percent of extension techs do push ups? Where did u get that figure from ?! [emoji43]

No one I know does ‘push ups’ in fact it’s pretty hard to actually push them up anyway especially after they have been in for a few months. Refit , remove ,comb out and replace with new ring [emoji1360]
Alot of techs do 'push ups' majority of our hair extension clients came from these techs. Tired of repairing the damage they have caused!

Crikey well I’ve personally never known any do it myself but that is a worry. I’m not aware of anywhere that teaches it either so maybe it’s a lazy technique people have created to save time?! ( and rings) [emoji43][emoji43]

In my area the biggest most popular salon doing extensions does it all the time for £40 x

Latest posts

Back