Micro rings in dyed hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkglitter-x

Reaction score
Hi!
Just a random thought, as ive never done it, can you dye hair and apply micro rings same day? Does it affect the wear of the hair? As hair is always really smooth after tint..?

Hi!
Just a random thought, as ive never done it, can you dye hair and apply micro rings same day? Does it affect the wear of the hair? As hair is always really smooth after tint..?
Hi, you should really leave it to settle. I have a week between. I have fitted on the same day as my client was adamant, I told her the colour would most likely bleed, it was black, and run into the extensions plus as you said the hair can be very smooth after a colour and I told her the rings might slip. She signed a declaration stating she knew these risks but wanted to go ahead, and she did not hold me responsible if the above happened. And it did. So I don't fit on the same day as a colour or highlights xx

I thought that was the case. Will give it a week between the 2 then :) thank you

I happily fit on the same day! I usually do one shampoo after rinsing colour of whatever I normally would (colour protect etc) then one with pre-install clarifying shampoo! Roughly blow dry then straighten the hair leaving about an inch at the root un-straightened and I've never had a single problem

I happily fit on the same day! I usually do one shampoo after rinsing colour of whatever I normally would (colour protect etc) then one with pre-install clarifying shampoo! Roughly blow dry then straighten the hair leaving about an inch at the root un-straightened and I've never had a single problem
Me too! Nearly every head of extensions I've done have had a colour on the same day, never had an issue X

And me, I very often colour and fit in one day

Me too. Just a thorough tint removal and you're good to go.

Hello! We havent had any issues with doing both on the same day so long as bleach isn't used. x

Latest posts

Back