Microblading, eyebrow wax & tinting & lash lift and tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakk

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first time posting .
I am new to the beauty industry and have not done any beauty therapy before. However, I will be participating in training with registered Academies for the above in the next couple of weeks and wanted some advice on mobile/home insurance. I will need insurance for all 3 therapies once qualified and competent.
I would appreciate if I could have some advice, recommendations or both please?
Many thanks J

You can train from scratch on a course but this won’t turn you into a beauty therapist. You need to be one first.

You’ll need need a QCF beauty therapy qualification as well, or something accepted as equivalent (complementary health qualification, nursing etc. Your insurance company will need to see proof that you are professionally qualified before they’ll pay out any claim. I speak as a former insurance professional with 20 years experience.

It’s a bit like going on a weekend bread making course and thinking you can set up a catering business. There’s a bit more involved.

Thank you for the feed back.

Hi all,

I am new to the beauty industry and have not done any beauty therapy before. However, I will be participating in training with registered Academies for the above in the next couple of weeks and wanted some advice on mobile/home insurance. I will need insurance for all 3 therapies once qualified and competent.
Many thanks J
Absolutely go for it.
I only did the courses and I now own my own salon. Good luck

Absolutely go for it.
I only did the courses and I now own my own salon. Good luck
Thank you for your feed back
Just a few questions who did you train with and did you do a level 4 course please?
How did you go with for insurance?
I will really appreciate your time.
Many thanks Jackie x

Hi all,

Many thanks J
I do all of the above and insured through Insync have been with them for last 4 years and had no issues

Last edited:
I’ve seen some really great courses which state level 4, but when I check them out they are not QCF. The industry is changing and trying to become professional which means introducing regulation and setting minimum standards.

There will be conversion courses for those who find themselves with an unrecognised qualification. If you are starting your journey now it’s best to be aware of this.

There are lots of discussions about this subject. I find it useful to click on the messages that members have posted to get an overview of their experience and background. It saves me from offering U.K. advice to someone posting from Australia or the US for instance.

Thank you for your time xx

Latest posts

Back